- Degree: Bachelor of Science (Honours) in Computer Games Design and Programming (Awarded by Staffordshire University)
- Programme duration: 3 years (Full-time)
- Location: BUV Campus, Ecopark, Hanoi
- Timetable: Student’s timetable will be sent to BUV student’s emails prior to the commencement date of each semester.
- Career Opportunities: The programme will provide multiple opportunities for you to develop a portfolio of work that will demonstrate a range of professionally desirable skills within game development, putting you ahead of other candidates for careers in this rapidly growing industry; including Game Developer, Game Designer, Programmer, Level Designer, and Project Manager.
- Practical and Project-Based Learning: The best way to learn about computer games design is by making games. Our programme allows you to develop innovative gaming projects for many of your assessments, which leads to rapid growth in your game development abilities.
- Studio Environment: You will work with like-minded people in a modern well equipped studio environment that encourages support and collaboration.
- Professional Tools and Hardware: You will finish the programme with an expert understanding of professional game development tools and be able to rapidly create game prototypes as well as fully polished gaming experiences.
- Extensive Support: You are encouraged to meet with your lecturers for personalised advice on your projects and future aspirations.
Introduction to Games Design
Introduction to 3D Games Engines
Games Engine Creation
Rapid Games Prototyping
Junior Collaborative Game Development & Testing
Indie Games Development
Advanced 3D Games Engines and Scripting
Knowledge & Understanding
Upon graduation, Computer Games Design and Programming students will have up to 18 months of internship experience and 2 published games.
With the amount of skills and experience from a course designed for success, graduates will find themselves thriving in a wide range of work environments:
- International and local tech corporations
- Game companies
- Independent or home studios
Our graduates will also benefit from BUV’s extensive partnership network, which includes industry-leading game and tech organisations in Vietnam and in the region such as VNG, Gameloft, Garena, Koei, or Microsoft.
Aged 17 or over. One of the following qualifications:
- Vietnamese High School Diploma and Pathway to Staffordshire University Programme
- Pass 2 subjects at Advanced GCE (A-Level)
- An access programme passed at the required QAA-recognised standard for entry to Higher Education
- An award of the European Baccalaureate Diploma, with at least 60 percent overall; English at 60 percent
- An award of the International Baccalaureate Diploma with a minimum of 24 points; English at 4 points
English Language Requirements
One of the following:
- A proficiency test within the last 2 years:
- IELTS (non UKVI): 6.0 overall with a minimum of 5.5 in each component; or
- TOEFL IBT: Listening: 17; Speaking: 20; Reading: 18; Writing: 17
- A proficiency test within the last 5 years:
- International Baccalaureate (taught in English) Pass in English B at Standard Level grade 5 or High Level grade 4; or
- IGCSE English: IGCSE English as a first or second language: Grade C; or
- Cambridge International English GCE O-Level/GCSE: English Language grade A – C
If you have not met one of the above requirements you need to complete IELTS Upper-Intermediate Course at BUV or equivalent.
You don’t need to provide evidence of English language proficiency if any of the following conditions apply: If you’re a UK national; If you’ve completed a full degree from a UK university.
*In case applicants would like to be considered for recognition of prior learning, interviews might be required (if applicable)
What do our students say?
1910 Computer Games Design and Programming Cohort
As a technophile, I wanted to choose a career related to computers such as IT or computer science. When I heard of CGDP, I knew it was the thing for me because how much I loved games and wanted to understand the process of how a game is developed. Just to be sure, I did some further research by reading the course information in which contained the modules of the programme and saw that the modules were relevant to what is used in the game industry. Furthermore, CGDP at BUV is the first game design and programming course in Vietnam that offers a BSc. I chose BUV because it was the only university in Vietnam that has a games design and programming degree from the UK.
Additionally, I really enjoy the cooperativeness and helpfulness of the staff as well as how hard they work to help us get internships since our first year. I think that BUV graduates will have an edge in finding a job comparing to the majority of applicants. Thanks to the internship break that BUV offers, BUV students will get more working experience and connections than most graduates.
Programme pass rate
The pass rate of Computer Games Design and Programming programme in 2022 is 88%
Fees & financial aid
Tuition fee information for students enrolling from January 2024:
* Other fees include Education Resource Fee and Student Affairs FeeTuition Fee & Fee Policy
The British University Vietnam (BUV) scholarship fund was established in 2018 with the goal of giving students the opportunity to study UK undergraduate and graduate programmes in an international learning environment. With an aim to improve and increase accessibility to high-quality education, BUV has officially launched the fund valued at 87 billion VND in 2024 with hundreds of scholarships and financial aid made available.
You can visit our Scholarship page to find out more and check your eligibility.