The Founders – Khalid Muhmood and Arabella Peters Scholarship programme is a BUV teaching fee scholarship established to honour the two founders of BUV: Khalid Muhmood, MBE and Mrs. Arabella Peters. A key focus of the programme is to contribute to Vietnam’s development by providing world-class higher education opportunities offered at the first and only international university that awards 100% British Degrees in Vietnam. The awardees are selected based on a combination of previous academic performance, relevant experience of community work, and the potential to become leaders in the public sector, business, and academia. Therer are two scholarships to be dedicated to 01 male and 01 female student.
The scholarship covers all tuition and student fees directly charged by BUV for the undergraduate course at BUV awarded by University of London (excluding International Foundation Programme fees). Winners will still be required to pay for the direct payments to University of London.
The scholarship programme applies to the following course which is entirely delivered at BUV and awarded by University of London:
- BSc (Hons) Banking and Finance
To be eligible for the scholarship, all applicants must:
(a) Be a high school student in Vietnam and will complete Grade 12 within 2022.
(b) Have a Grade 12 GPA of 8.0* and a minimum IELTS score of 6.0 (no band below 5.5) or other English language certificates of equivalent level. (Please contact the Student Recruitment Office if you do not have an English certification).
(c) Submit all scholarship application documents before the application deadline.
(d) Not hold any other scholarships.
*Please contact the Student Recruitment Office if you do not study in a Vietnamese general education programme for high school.
The Scholarship Panel will select candidates based on an assessment of the following factors:
- Entrepreneur spirit
- Academic excellence
- Applied at a nationwide scale
Awardees are eligible for the scholarship during their undergraduate and foundation programmes at BUV. The withdrawal of a student at any time will lead to the scholarship being terminated.
British University Vietnam will not refund any fees paid for courses that have been or are being studied by scholarship winners.
This scholarship will cover the tuition fees, resources fees, student affairs fees, and practical equipment fees of the Foundation and Undergraduate programmes, other fees are not covered. The scholarship will be deducted from the annual tuition fee of the winners and subject to change upon the winner’s academic performance. Continuation of the award is subject to the successful completion of all assessments and a minimum annual academic result achievement.
Should the applicant withdraw from the programme before satisfactory completion, they must comply with the Refund Policy established by the British University Vietnam.
If a scholarship holder withdraws from the programme of study, the University reserves the right to obtain full reimbursement of the tuition fees and any other fees and allowances that have been incurred. These must be repaid to the University within three months of withdrawal.
All scholarship information is available on the British University Vietnam website.
Applicants are also encouraged to contact the Student Recruitment Office directly for consultation via the following channels:
- Live consultation at British University Vietnam Ecopark Campus, Ecopark, Hung Yen
- Hotline: 096 662 9909 or Email: email@example.com
- Online enquiry form
All scholarship application documents must be submitted before the application deadline, these documents include:
1. Scholarship application form
2. 02 passport-sized photographs (3×4 cm) taken within the last 6 months
3. A notarised copy of ID card (for Vietnamese students) or passport (for international students)
4. A personal statement (written in English)
5. A copy of high school diploma or equivalent qualification (if available), translated into English and notarised
6. A copy of grade 10, 11, and 12 academic transcripts or equivalent, translated into English and notarised
7. Copies of transcripts and certificates of overseas study. If the original documents are not in English, the copies need to be translated and notarised.
8. Copies of certificates, awards, and prizes achieved during high school (if available). If the original documents are not in English, the copies need to be translated.
9. A notarised copy of an accepted English qualification (IELTS/TOEFL/BUV’s Placement Test Result or equivalent)
10. Recommendation letter(s). If the original documents are not in English, the copies need to be translated.
11. Evidence of disability (if relevant) or financial support needs (if relevant).
12. Other supporting documents. If the original documents are not in English, the copies need to be translated.
13. For Contemporary Creative Practice Programme only: Portfolio of artworks in BUV’s template
14. Receipt of bursary/scholarship securing payment (2,000,000 VND)
- Online submission via the online portal
- Please contact the Student Recruitment Office to get confirmation that your application has been submitted successfully. Hotline: 096 662 9909; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Candidates applying online may be required to submit a hard copy applicants within 1 week of receiving the interview round confirmation email if required by the school to verify the application.
Short-listed candidates will be invited to the interview round at British University Vietnam Ecopark Campus.
The University will cover transportation fees for candidates living outside of Hanoi and Hung Yen (if necessary).
The final results will be sent to candidates via email.
Still got questions? Find your answers here