British University Vietnam (BUV) is the first and only international university in Vietnam granted to deliver degrees by two prestigious universities in the United Kingdom: University of London and Staffordshire University.
As a student at British University Vietnam, you have access to all of the benefits of a recognised British university degree programme, and a unique opportunity to engage in a British learning experience without having to leave your home country. The courses you will study, the standard of academic excellence, and the teaching and learning are identical to pursuing your education in the UK.
Established in 2009, BUV provides teaching for 11 undergraduate and an MBA programmes. 100% of graduates from BUV have a job or continue higher education within 3 months after graduation. With a wide network of more than 400 enterprise partners in various fields and internship programmes from the first year, BUV helps students gain professional knowledge and practical skills to meet employers’ requirements as well as be ready to develop their careers right after graduation.
Students study at BUV’s campus in the Ecopark township, with facilities funded by an investment of US $36 million for the first phase accommodating up to 3,000 students. BUV’s new campus, with state-of-the-art teaching and learning facilities and an iconic design, is indicative of 4IR and is being recognized as one of the best educational environments in Asia. Upon completion of the three phases, the entire BUV campus at Ecopark will have a total investment of up to US $100 million, meeting the training needs of 7,000 students.
As the world experiences unprecedented change, social disruption, fragmentation and uncertainty, BUV sees vast opportunities for Vietnam.
With these opportunities in mind, BUV’s mission has two key foci:
- Provide high-quality British degrees and a world-class campus in Vietnam.
- Create a new generation of discoverers, explorers and creative thinkers who are educated, trained and prepared to thrive in future (4IR) fields of work and life.
To achieve this, BUV will:
- Build a world-class campus designed to represent a new era of education in Vietnam.
- Provide a happy, healthy, safe and internationally oriented campus life.
- Attract international students to the campus to interact with BUV students.
- Deliver cutting-edge British pedagogical models, teaching methods and education technologies.
- Be subject to the United Kingdom’s higher education quality assurance standards.
- Deliver cutting-edge extracurricular development programmes that are compulsory for all BUV students.
- Provide workplace and practical skills training and experience for students.
- Provide international lecturing staff.
- Continue developing and engaging our world-wide alumni network.
- Produce research that benefits Vietnam and the world.
- Attract world-class researchers and practitioners to the campus to engage with BUV students and academics from across Vietnam.
- Respect, promote and embed Vietnam’s core social values in all that we do.
- Top UK University accredited courses offered in Vietnam
- Internationally experienced and trained lecturers
- Leading global corporate partners
- Raising standards of curriculum and facilities to international levels
Empathetic and creative
- Nurturing individuality, open mindedness, and inclusivity
- Catering for the wider community
- Contributing to society
- Inspiring critical thinking that leads to great results and meaningful employability
- Innovating with an entrepreneurial business approach
- Teaching and learning as an institution
- Connecting our alumni with easy accessibility
- Following and developing the latest educational trend
- Ensuring top employability and more opportunity in Vietnam and overseas
- Encouraging student enterprise and entrepreneurship
- Contributing to Vietnamese economic growth
- Professionalism as protocol and procedure
Sir Graeme Davies
Professor Raymond Gordon
Professor Michael Driscoll
Dato’ Loy Teik Ngan
Abby Lew Tong
Henry Nguyen (Nguyen Bao Hoang)
Since 1858, the University of London International Programmes have offered a wide range of high-quality distance learning courses to students – wherever they are in the world. Students registered with the University of London are awarded a University of London degree on successful completion of their studies. Degrees awarded to International Programme students are of an identical standard to those awarded to students who study at one of the University of London’s Colleges. British University Vietnam is proud to be the first and only university in Vietnam to provide teaching for University of London International Programmes.
Established in the early 1990s, Staffordshire University has become a shining example of dynamic and progressive higher education in the United Kingdom. The university is renowned for its groundbreaking new courses that motivate students to think and act for themselves. Staffordshire University provides courses with the real-world knowledge, academic skills and qualifications to hit the ground running in your chosen career. Importantly, we help you to become an individual with the personal attributes and expertise that today’s employers look for. The University has achieved very positive assessments from the UK Higher Education Quality Assurance Agency which can be viewed at www.qaa.ac.uk.
Since its establishment in 2009, BUV has always put on its focus on producing a young generation of graduate equipped with the most cutting-edge industry knowledge and the necessary toolkit to thrive in dynamic global labour markets. BUV is comprised of 4 key schools, including the School of Business, School of Hospitality and Tourism, School of Creative Industries and School of Computing and Innovative Technologies.
The School of Business provides business and management programmes of high prestige granted by University of London and Staffordshire University. With a perfect balance of academic theory and practical application, BUV students within the School of Business have full access to real-world business issues both within domestic and international marketplaces to explore the nature of entrepreneurship and develop the underpinning competencies they need to be managers and leaders of the future.
- BSc (Hons) International Business Management
- BSc (Hons) Banking and Finance
- BA (Hons) Marketing Management
- BA (Hons) Finance and Economics (Dual)
- BA (Hons) Accounting and Finance
- Master of Business Administration (MBA)
Our School of Computing and Innovative Technologies offers advanced world-class facilities and resources catering for a broad range of expertise. This consolidates and strengthens the work being conducted in both fields of the games industry and computer science, promoting multi-disciplinary research, as well as new possibilities for learning and breakthrough opportunities for BUV students.
- BSc (Hons) Computer Games Design and Programming
- BSc (Hons) Computer Science: Cyber Security/ Cloud Technologies
This suite of awards is designed for you to explore and develop skills to meet the needs of the creative industries in your chosen specialism. Studying at our School of Creative Industries, you are joining a vibrant community of staff and students who are concerned with a wide variety of disciplines from those that involve mostly copy and content creation to those that are largely practical. You will gain practical skills and the associated knowledge and expertise to succeed in this dynamic sector. As such, you will be in an environment that aims to give you graduate skills and insights into the working practices of your chosen creative subject, making you a positive and influential professional practitioner. You will be aware of sector expectations and be able to develop an independent route towards your personal career or postgraduate goals.
- BA (Hons) Contemporary Creative Practice: Graphic Design/ Illustration/ Photography
In Vietnam, the hospitality and tourism sectors are growing at a rapid pace to meet the increasing needs of these key industries. Students in the School of Hospitality and Tourism have access to our strong tourism and hospitality industry linkages with notable partners and organisations, where they are placed with experienced personnel to mirror, to learn and to develop key competencies during the internship programmes offered throughout their study journey at BUV.
- BA (Hons) Tourism Management
- BA (Hons) Events Management
- Bachelor in International Hospitality Management
British degrees are known all around the world for both their quality, and the benefits that they bring to graduates both in the UK, and overseas. British University Vietnam (BUV) is proud of the role it holds in representing the quality of a British degree within Vietnam by being the first and only international institution awarding British degree certificates in-country.
BUV is accredited by a range of international organisations at both University and Programme level. These accreditations demonstrate the quality of both the degrees and the experiences that students can gain at BUV.
British University Vietnam is committed to providing a world-class education and learning experience for our students. Our 100% international faculty brings together academics with extensive teaching experience as well as practitioner and research capabilities. Our faculty is recruited for their internationality and commitment to the whole learning experience within the classroom as well as developing skills to ensure all graduates are 100% prepared for a successful career.
BUV Training Centre for English and Management Skills is a licensed provider of English Language and Management/Skills Training in Hanoi.
With a strong track record of experience in international education, the centre is committed to bringing international-standard learning to Vietnamese students and professionals to prepare themselves in English-language competencies alongside the skills and knowledge required for management and leadership within globally focused organisations. BUV’s Training Centre for English and Management Skills provides continual and bespoke opportunities for your personal and career development.
With a practical curriculum, highly experienced international English-speaking lecturers, and a wide partner network of domestic and international enterprises and associations, we offer English courses, Professional English, IELTS Preparation and Management skills.
BUV Innovation Center (BIC) plays a vital role in accomplishing not only the short-term but long-term mission and vision of BUV. This creates links between external stakeholders and our students. BIC is focused on delivering 5 key purposes:
- To involve BUV students in the process of innovation, especially, the process of ideation.
- To apply innovation and ideation processes to real-world problems and opportunities.
- To connect students to solve the real-world problems and opportunities from external stakeholders (government, corporate, schools).
- To create direct links and develop relationships with external stakeholders.
- To promote BUV’s undergraduate, post-graduate and short courses.
The mission of BUV’s International Centre of Excellence in Teaching and Learning (ICELT) is to deliver contemporary and innovative teacher training and continuous professional development programmes of the highest quality to educators, educational institutions, and other stakeholders in the education space operating both within Vietnam as well as in the region. With its team of expert practitioners and leaders in educational theory and research, the Centre will also offer guidance and consultation in best practice and will play a significant role in helping to upskill and develop educators to prepare students and lifelong learners for Industry 4.0 and beyond.
OVERVIEW ABOUT PARTNER’S NETWORK
BUV partners with leading national and international business organisations to foster mutually beneficial partnerships that provide students and alumni a diverse and dynamic career path as well as employees who not only have the knowledge and language ability required for today’s business world, but also the skills to make them 100% work ready.
Through guest lectures/seminars by corporate executives, company visits, sponsorships and tailored programmes, we maintain excellent and supportive relationships with many reputable organisations across Vietnam and throughout the SEA region as well as the UK.
Connecting with us
If you are interested in partnering with British University Vietnam to enhance your image, provide trainings/workshops with your expertise, or access our high-quality pool of candidate for internship or employment, please contact us at SE@buv.edu.vn
“We at Standard Chartered bank would welcome applicants who have completed business focused degrees at the British University Vietnam. We will be working with the British University Vietnam to organise guest speakers during your course to give you an insight into the banking industry so look forward to meeting you in the near future….”
“British University Vietnam will address the critical need for qualified finance and accounting graduates in this fast-growing economy. HSBC looks forward to working with the British University Vietnam to develop talent for HSBC and the banking industry. We look forward to working together to provide guest speakers, internships and career opportunities.”
“With the experience of working with students from different universities in Vietnam as well as international institutions for years, Sheraton Hanoi Hotel is always happy to welcome BUV students to join us for an internship as we know they are passionate, responsible, patient to learn new skills and can adapt quickly with the new environment. We are looking forward to welcoming more students of BUV to come and join Sheraton Hanoi in the coming time for internship and full-time positions.”
Environmental Impact is embedded in every operational activity.
EFFICIENCY ENERGY MANAGEMENT
An effective energy management system helps us continue to successfully reduce our energy consumption and CO2 emissions, Green House Gases (GHG).
We use all LED lighting on campus, which uses less energy to perform the same function. Light-emitting diodes (LED) require 75% less energy than traditional incandescent lightbulbs. The light output is the same, but the energy input is less.
Due to unique features in design, we take advantage of natural daylight by turning off or dimming electric lighting when adequate sunlight is available. The campus honeycomb design provides more natural light in the whole building and closeness to nature. In addition, it can save about 20% in terms of electricity usage.
A modern air conditioning system is used to improve energy conversation on campus. Infrared sensors detect the average temperature in the classrooms, and therefore the temperature in all rooms is controlled strictly. Regulations in setting the room thermostat at around 25 Celsius in winter and summer are applied. Moreover, air conditioning is turned off when not in use.
Although the campus has no air conditioning in public areas, it still maintains a comfortable temperature. The honeycomb-structure holes in the campus design work as natural air conditioning, providing fresh air for the whole building’s corridors, staircases and public spaces.
WATER CONSERVATION PROGRAM
We have taken action to improve the effectiveness of water use through various activities and initiatives. Water-saving also keeps the local environment healthy.
- An automatic push up tap with a 5 seconds limit is installed to control the flow of water to the user. When releasing the tap, the water flow will stop after a delay of between 1 and 5 seconds. Smart taps help us save a lot of water and sewage fees.
- Rainwater is a wonderful option for landscape irrigation. It is stored in a tank to water all plants on campus through pipelines. Irrigating with rainwater provides a strong contribution to reducing tap water consumption on campus.
- Using dual-flush toilets can address the water-saving problem. It has two buttons that allow different amounts of water to flow. A lesser amount of water is designed to flush liquids, and a larger quantity is for solids.
- We improve the quality of wastewater by treatment system and converting it into effluent. Our wastewater treatment system is well-managed, so contaminants are removed from sewage before returning to the water cycle.
- Our pipeline system is checked periodically to identify water leaks. Leakage reduction is one of top our priorities to protect water supply sources and ensure there is enough water to meet future demand.
The University understands the need to balance the requirements of maintaining and developing facilities to support teaching, research and public services while managing the natural environment that is an integral part of the Campus and the surrounding region.
Your disposable cup or paper cup might seem like it can be recycled, but most single-use cups are lined with a fine film of polyethylene, which makes the cups liquid-proof but also difficult and expensive to reprocess, even needing up to a hundred years to decompose. Most waste management facilities will treat the cups as trash. Stopping using paper cups, thus, is a simple step to reduce waste and help protect our planet.
BUV has run a green campaign called “Red Lions Go Green”, which aims to promote an eco-friendly lifestyle by creating a “Green guideline” for all BUV-ers and “igniting” them to live in a more environmental-friendly way. The first step of our lifestyle-changing campaign was our BUV-no-paper-cup sub-campaign. All BUV staff and students are encouraged to bring their refillable bottles and cups to use when they are on campus.
SORTING AND COLLECTING WASTE
Various trash bins have been installed inside the campus with specific instructions to make sorting waste easier and more convenient. The University recycles a wide array of materials, including paper, metal, wood, food, bottles and cans, yard waste, construction debris, electronic equipment and a variety of “industrial waste” such as motor oil, antifreeze, batteries, tires and fluorescent tubes, among other materials. Waste collection is done weekly by a private contractor of BUV. Recyclable waste is collected by specialised collection waste organisations and sold to factories, and non-biodegradable waste is sent to the landfill managed by the contractor.
BUV proactively encourages its community to use the provided shuttle bus services instead of driving to campus.
With nearly 170 bus journeys per day and 94 bus pick up/drop off points covering all centre districts of Hanoi such as Ba Dinh, Dong Da, Thanh Xuan, Hoan Kiem, Tay Ho and Ha Dong. With a professional service, Ecobus is another form of transport that BUV encourages staff and students to use.
Staff and students are encouraged to use this eco-friendly transportation while travelling around the Ecopark area. This is a dockless electric bike rental system – using a smartphone app to locate and unlock nearby bikes, charging at fixed rates for use. Sharing electric bikes is the public transportation of the future.
Environmentally friendly – Operating 24/7 – Extremely flexible with nearly 50 stations across Ecopark – Everything is done through your phone.
This e-bike helps protect the environment whilst also reducing travel time waiting for transport in the area.
DESIGNATED PARKING AREA
- Bus stops are within walking distance of lecture halls or main areas where students congregate.
- Designated parking facilities are available for cars, motorbikes, bicycles and electric bikes.
- Different lanes with signage are allocated within the on-campus roads, improving traffic flow for each vehicle.
- There are pedestrian pathways, sidewalks, and covered walkways linking all buildings within the campus without requiring pedestrians to cross dangerous roads or intersections congested with traffic.