- Degree: Bachelor of Arts (Honours) in Events Management (Awarded by Staffordshire University)
- Programme duration: 3 years (Full-time)
- Location: BUV Campus, Ecopark, Hanoi
- Timetable: Student’s timetable will be sent to BUV student’s emails prior to the commencement date of each semester
- Career Opportunities: Designed with your career in mind, the course will give you the opportunity to organise your own events and listen to industry speakers, so you can gain specialist insight into careers including Event Marketing & Sales Manager, Event Director, Conference Manager, Wedding Consultant, and other Meetings, Incentives, Conferences & Exhibitions (MICE) management roles.
- Growing Industry: The global events industries are vibrant and dynamic sectors that cater to people’s insatiable demand for memorable experiences.
- Comprehensive Insights: Our BA (Hons) Events Management degree will equip you with the knowledge and skillset to plan and manage a wide range of events, including insights into event design, project management, consumer behaviour, finance, and logistics.
- Practical Learning: A combination of classroom-based learning and fieldwork activities, you will have the chance to participate in live events and undertake internships to gain practical hands-on event experience. Real-life case studies from weddings to the Olympics will enrich your studies.
Managing the Visitor Experience
The Business of Events
The Professional Toolkit
Human Capital Management
Designing and Delivering Events
Business Creation and Innovation
Digital Marketing Strategy and Planning
The Event Professional
Exploring the Eventscape
Social Media and Content Planning
Knowledge & Understanding
A degree in Events Management will offer students an ample number of career opportunities suitable for different profiles with a high level of flexibility and independence to work:
- Event management companies
- Conference centers
- Hotels & restaurants
- Museums & exhibition centers
- PR & Marketing departments
Aged 17 or over. One of the following qualifications:
Vietnamese High School Diploma and Pathway to Staffordshire University Programme
Pass 2 subjects at Advanced GCE (A-Level)
An access programme passed at the required QAA-recognised standard for entry to Higher Education
An award of the European Baccalaureate Diploma, with at least 60 percent overall; English at 60 percent
An award of the International Baccalaureate Diploma with a minimum of 24 points; English at 4 points
English Language Requirements
One of the following:
A proficiency test within the last 2 years:
IELTS (non UKVI): 6.0 overall with a minimum of 5.5 in each component; or
TOEFL IBT: Listening: 17; Speaking: 20; Reading: 18; Writing: 17
A proficiency test within the last 5 years:
International Baccalaureate (taught in English) Pass in English B at Standard Level grade 5 or High Level grade 4; or
IGCSE English: IGCSE English as a first or second language: Grade C; or
Cambridge International English GCE O-Level/GCSE: English Language grade A – C
If you have not met one of the above requirements you need to complete IELTS Upper-Intermediate Course at BUV or equivalent.
You don’t need to provide evidence of English language proficiency if any of the following conditions apply: If you’re a UK national; If you’ve completed a full degree from a UK university.
*In case applicants would like to be considered for recognition of prior learning, interviews might be required (if applicable)
What do our students say?
1810 Events Management Cohort
With my passion for event planning, I decided to pursue Events Management at BUV. After 12 years studying at public school, I wanted to step out of my comfort zone and BUV is the place which gives me the opportunity to develop my hidden abilities and to help me become a better version of me. BUV not only has the British degree in Vietnam, but also has excellent facilities. In addition, the faculty is 100% foreigners who are excellent, enthusiastic and psychological and students are from many different countries. I shouldn’t forget to mention that there is an internship program at large companies and corporations such as Deloitte, VPBank, KPMG, JW Marriott, … from the first year. For me, BUV may not be the first choice but it is the most suitable one and I believe that BUV is also the best choice for young people who have a passion for events and media in Vietnam.
1810 Events Management Cohort
Since highschool, I found myself enjoying active and dynamic environments rather than paperwork, therefore I chose Events Management major. It could be seen that any major, or any job will requires foundational theories and times studying papers, but along with that, the practical opportunities of organising events at BUV were very beneficial and exciting. Studying at BUV helps me to gain a high-quality degree from British, along with BUV’s wide partners network, I believe that all BUV students will have a strong foundation and advantages for study opportunities and future career as well.
Programme pass rate
The pass rate for the Event Management programme in 2022 is 100%.
Fees & financial aid
Tuition fee information for students enrolling from January 2024:
* Other fees include Education Resource Fee and Student Affairs FeeTuition Fee & Fee Policy
The British University Vietnam (BUV) scholarship fund was established in 2018 with the goal of giving students the opportunity to study UK undergraduate and graduate programmes in an international learning environment. With an aim to improve and increase accessibility to high-quality education, BUV has officially launched the fund valued at 87 billion VND in 2024 with hundreds of scholarships and financial aid made available.
You can visit our Scholarship page to find out more and check your eligibility.