- Degree: Bachelor of Science (Honours) in Business and Management (Awarded by University of London)
- Programme duration: 3 years (Full-time)
- Location: BUV Campus, Ecopark, Hanoi
- Timetable: Students’ timetables will be sent to BUV students’ emails prior to the commencement date of each semester.
The BSc (Hons) Business and Management degree at BUV is awarded by the University of London – one of the oldest and largest universities in the UK, and is designed for students interested in careers in business, management, marketing and stock market trading.
- Rigorous programme: The degree focuses on analysing all the modern approaches to international business, management, finance and investment decision-making; giving students an industry-based knowledge foundation for their future careers.
- Comprehensive dual-degree: The degree equips students with the required analytical tools and skills necessary for decision making in a managerial role, specifically in international organisational contexts.
- Career opportunities: With globalisation expanding exponentially, this degree provides a firm foundation for students to ride the wave, containing all the elements essential for a business career in the modern world. Graduates may apply for fast-track positions in global businesses, or initiate a career in accountancy, stock trading, banking, and so on.
- Globally recognised teaching quality: Examinations set and graded by the London School of Economics, a world-leader (for over a century) in economic thought and the practical applications of economic, business and managerial theories and techniques
- Powerful momentum for academic path: Students are exposed to opportunities to pursue a master’s degree at prestigious UK/USA universities.
*LSE is a College of the University of London and is responsible for the academic direction of the Economics, Management, Finance and Social Sciences (EMFSS) programmes available as University of London International Programmes. This means that LSE academics and administrative staff develop syllabuses, write subject guides, develop online learning opportunities and materials, advise teaching institutions and prepare and mark examinations.
Introduction to Economics
Mathematics 1 (½ unit)
Statistics 1 (½ unit)
Principles of Accounting
Business and Management in a global context
Core Management Concepts
Asset pricing and Financial markets
Principles of Corporate Finance
Mathematics 2 / Statistics 2 (Optional)
© University of London
© University of London
© University of London
Knowledge & Understanding
• Analyse business and management issues from the perspective of a number of social science disciplines;
• Formulate and develop arguments on management issues in a logical manner;
• Critically evaluate claims made on a range of management issues;
• Display skills relevant to managing organisations effectively;
• Address both foundational and contemporary management issues, either public or private according to the courses chosen by the student;
• Understand aspects of business and sociology management relevant to managing organisations effectively.
Intellectual and cognitive skills
• Locate, extract, analyse and draw reasoned conclusions from multiple sources (including electronic sources) of appropriate literature and relevant data and acknowledge and reference sources appropriately;
• Critically analyse arguments;
• Effective problem solving and decision making skills by applying theory and theoretical models in practical situations;
• Assimilate and lucidly evaluate alternative views.
• Communicate effectively in a written context;
• Use information technology (spreadsheets, word-processing and online databases) appropriately;
• Apply numeracy and quantitative skills including data analysis and interpretation;
• Organise information, and to assimilate and evaluate competing arguments;
• Manage their own learning, including working effectively to deadlines;
• Have the capacity for self-reflection and criticality including self-awareness, openness and sensitivity to diversity in terms of people, cultures, business and management issues. Have the capacity to handle ideas and scrutinise information in critical, evaluative, and analytical ways.
• Have the essential introduction to that subject;
• Demonstrate an understanding on the concepts and principles related to their area of study; and
• Be able to communicate ideas and findings in a reliable and structured way.
Students exiting with a Diploma of Higher Education would, in addition, expect to:
• Develop a greater understanding and a sophistication of thinking as they work through the courses;
• Build on their existing knowledge to approach the concepts and principles from a wider context;
• Be at a stage where they will have obtained qualities and skills necessary for employment and further study in the area.
BSc Business and Management graduates may particularly consider the following areas:
- General management
- Management consulting
They will have a sound basis for careers in a wide range of areas from major corporations to small businesses, government organisations, the voluntary sector, international organisation and the media.
Aged 17 or over. One of the following qualifications:
- Complete IFP programme
- Complete A level or IB with good grade of one of the following:
- Upper Secondary School Graduation Diploma: comparable to UK GCSE/IGCSE grade A – C / 9 – 4 provided grade 5 – 10 is achieved on a subject for subject basis in final year of schooling (with the exception of English Language)
- Mathematics to UK GCSE/IGCSE Level (Grade C) or equivalent
English Language Requirements
One of the following:
A proficiency test passed within the last 3 years:
(IELTS) International English Language Testing System: 6 overall, with 5.5 in each sub-test (Academic or General or IELTS Indicator Online Test)
Pearson Test of English, Academic: 54 overall, with 54 in Reading and Writing elements
(TOEFL) iBT Test of English as a Foreign Language (including Special Home Edition test): 87 overall, with 21+ in Reading and Writing sub-tests and 19+ in Speaking and Listening sub-tests
- An award within the past 3 years: International General Certificate of Secondary Education (IGCSE): English as a Second Language (grade C)
Fees and financial aid
Tuition fee information for students enrolling from January 2024:
|UoL International Foundation Programme
* Other fees include Education Resource Fee, Student Affairs Fee and University of London FeeTuition Fee & Fee Policy
Scholarships and Financial aid
The British University Vietnam (BUV) scholarship fund was established in 2018 with the goal of giving students the opportunity to study UK undergraduate and graduate programmes in an international learning environment. With an aim to improve and increase accessibility to high-quality education, BUV has officially launched the fund valued at 87 billion VND in 2024 with hundreds of scholarships and financial aid made available.
You can visit our Scholarship page to find out more and check your eligibility.