BUV is committed to protecting its students' personal information that has been processed by BUV. This policy gives students a good understanding on how we handle the personal data that we collect and how students can control the disclosure of such data.
The information provided below is in relation to the nature and type of data processed; how the data is collected and used; to whom the data can be disclosed.
What Personal Data We Process?
BUV needs to process (that is, collect, use, store and ultimately destroy) the personal data for various academic, educational and administrative purposes. Generally, student’s personal data that we collect and process, includes but not restricted to:
Name, Identification number (NRIC), Passport number, Address, Contact numbers, Gender, Date of birth, Previous qualification, Personal email address, Photo and images, Marital status, Emergencies contact person(s) details, Family / guardian information.
Sensitive Personal Data
Some of the personal data that we process may include what is defined as 'sensitive personal data' and these include, but not restricted to:
Race, Religion, Health, Records of misconduct and disciplinary action, Records of criminal offence
This sensitive information shall be treated carefully by BUV and will only be used for specific purposes. It will not be released to a third party without the user’s explicit consent unless it is necessary to protect their interests.
Provision of Information
The provision of all information requested for in the relevant forms of BUV is mandatory, unless specified otherwise. This is to enable BUV to process student’s application and / or request for our services.
Should students fail to provide the said information, BUV will be unable to process their request and / or provide the relevant services.
How Do We Use Student’s Personal Data?
The purpose for which personal data is collected and further processed includes, but not restricted to the following:
- To process application for admission
- To maintain students' personal details, academic and non-academic records
- To facilitate the internships, placement or industrial training as well as co-curricular related activities
- To provide the relevant administrative support, counselling and financial aids services
- To manage the use of facilities such as library, hostel, laboratories and so on
- To administer the graduation and alumni related events
- To administer the tuition fee and other payment
- To communicate with students on any important announcements including matters relating to career services, postgraduate studies and alumni
- To collect and relay information for relevant local or international statutory authorities or examination boards
- To contact student' s next of kin in case of emergency
- To comply with any regulatory, audit or security related requirements
How Is Student’s Data Collected?
Most, if not all, of the personal data was obtained directly, either from the following sources or from any other information students provided and this may include:
- Enquiry Form
- Various type of Application and / or Registration Forms
- All other School and / or Support Services related Request Forms
- Previous qualification related documents and / or certificates
In some instances, the personal data may have been obtained from external sources including, but not restricted to the following:
- Third parties such as previous educational institutions, law enforcement agencies and other government entities
- Third party service providers and any other future third parties in relation or incidental to the above
- Personal data which are available in the public domain
- Personal data which may be collected from cookies through the use of BUV website
Disclosure of Student’s Personal Data
BUV will keep the personal data confidential unless the student have given the written consent to such disclosure or it is within the ambit of permitted disclosures under prevailing laws / guidelines, BUV may disclose the information to the categories of third parties as listed below (not restricted to):
- The Ministry of Higher Education, other relevant government departments / agencies, statutory authorities and industry regulators
- Vietnam Immigration Department and its appointed agencies
- Foreign embassies and their appointed agencies
- The police and other enforcement agencies where and when required
- Student’s sponsors including their parents / guardians
- Third parties that provide the internships or attachment placements
- Professional or accreditation bodies
- BUV external counterparts providing dual degrees, articulation or progression of study
- Third parties appointed by BUV to provide services to BUV such as auditors, lawyers, contractors, printing companies, travel agencies, training organiser and insurance companies
- Other institutions or companies within Taylor's Education Group