BRITISH UNIVERSITY VIETNAM (BUV)
British University Vietnam (BUV) is the first and only international university in Vietnam to directly award British degrees from the prestigious University of London and Staffordshire University. BUV is rated a 5 Star university of excellence by the world recognised QS accreditor and is also recognised with a University-wide accreditation from the UK’s Quality Assurance Agency (QAA).
BUV has three main brand drivers:
- Offering accredited British and international higher education and training in Vietnam.
- Providing 5-star university campuses, learning spaces, and services.
- Including a compulsory personal and social growth program that prepares students for the future of life and work.
Established in 2009, BUV provides teaching for undergraduate and graduate programmes. Employability rates for students are exceptionally high with 100% of graduates from BUV either employed or continuing higher education within 3 months after graduation.
With a wide network of more than 300 enterprise partners in various fields, and 12-week internship programmes, BUV helps students gain professional knowledge and practical skills to meet employers’ requirements as well as be ready to develop their careers immediately after graduation.
Students study at BUV’s award winning campus in the Ecopark township near Hanoi. With its state-of-the-art teaching and learning facilities and an iconic design, BUV is recognised as one of the best educational environments in South East Asia.
For more details, please visit our website at https://www.buv.edu.vn/
The Career Services Officer’s primary responsibility is to coordinate and organise value-added activities and programmes for the delivery of the academic modules for all courses and levels, and to provide support for other career services for BUV’s undergraduate and Postgraduate/MBA students. As one of the Career Services & Industry Relations team members, he or she will have a voice in planning and designing effective career and employability skill enhancement programmes for students. He or she is responsible for providing excellent customer service to all stakeholders related to his/ her scope of work. The role is subject to change depending on the needs of the University.
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Plan and organise value-added activities to enhance the learning experience for academic module delivery (70%)
– Work closely with Faculty, Lecturers, Careers & Industry team members, Team Leader, and Head of Department to plan and design meaningful academic value-added activities, such as guest lecturers, company visits, field trips to other cities, work experience related to academic delivery requirements, and skill-enhancement training for undergraduate and MBA students.
– Be the connector between Faculty and Industry Relations Officers to make sure the IR Officer understands clearly and correctly the faculty’s request, ultimately inviting suitable partners/ guest speakers to the activities.
– Act as the main coordinator for all value-added offerings that are related to personal and professional development as well as career advancement for MBA and Post-graduate (PG) students. The job holder will have opportunities to design and implement new initiatives to create a unique student experience for PG students outside of their classrooms.
– Manage logistic and administrative tasks related to planning and delivery of the activities, including scheduling, working with suppliers, payment process (if any), checking attendance and so on; ensure a smooth operation for all stakeholders involved.
– Escorting students and Faculty members on field trips and company visits.
– Manage expectations and satisfaction of Faculty and students regarding the experience quality, as well as collect their feedback proactively (by survey, catch-up meetings, visiting classes, etc.) for continuous future improvements.
– Promote career services presence, especially the academic value-added activities, within and outside of the university via social media, emails, periodic newsletters, and on campus. (Examples of recap posts: Post 1, Post 2)
- Support Other Career Services (20%)
– Assist in advertising employment opportunities for students via internal channels (BUV Job Portal and visuals on-campus) and social media.
– Assist in facilitating personal career services and organising other activities of the Careers & Industry Relations Team and Student Engagement Department when necessary.
– Undertake any other duties that may be assigned from time to time.
(Note: The opportunity to try out other scopes of work in the Career Services & Industry Relations Team is open to any member who would like to explore your potential. The scopes might be industry relations, providing CV and interview advice, in-depth career consultation and so on, upon the member’s willingness and competencies.)
- Operation & Administration (10%)
– Record & Filling system: Maintain and update the record and filing system of each student’s personal development portfolio and career progressions, job postings, employer contacts, industry partners, etc
– Customer Services: Ensure quality customer services & timely responses to a variety of written requests from students and relevant stakeholders, i.e., faculty, staff, parents, partners, etc. for information relating to career services via telephone, correspondence and/or electronic mail.
– Administration: Assist in the administration of the operations of the career services in charge.
– Assist the department in preparing periodic reports and newsletter updates for Management and the University
COMPETENCIES (knowledge, skills, and abilities)
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Business, Education, Human Resources, Talent Development, Career Guidance, Coaching & Counselling.
- Experience related to one or a few of the following areas/contexts: Education administration, academic environment with international lecturers, organising academic activities, training programmes, and career-related activities in schools.
- Excellent spoken and written English and Vietnamese in education and business contexts.
- Detail-oriented, systematic, and well-organised. Excellent time management and organisational skills.
- Effective interpersonal skills with different stakeholders.
- Excellent Computer literacy in MS Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Passionate in supporting young people’s personal and professional development.
- Master’s Degree
- Candidates who have experience and basic knowledge in Recruitment, Learning & Development, People Development, Career Guidance, and Labour Market Insights will have advantages.
- Flexibility and cultural awareness
- Proactive and Ownership-taking
- Customer & Service Orientation
- Strong Problem Solving and Analytical Thinking skills
- Creative Thinking & Innovation
- Communicating Effectively
- Teamwork & Collaboration
- Planning & Organising
- Relationship Building & Networking
- Competitive salary package (gross)
- Recognition and Reward Programs
- 13th month Tet bonus
- Performance bonuses
- Paid Time-off (annual leave, sick leave, holidays)
- Healthcare plan (Private premium accident, medical insurance, dental insurance, free assessment to medical suite)
- Business travel insurance
- Onsite fitness and sport center
- Education support for staff and children
- Transportation support
- Flexible working arrangement
- Opportunity to work within a professional and multi-cultural environment
- Various staff events through the year (outing, year-end party, sport activities and other events recommended by staff committee)
Interested candidates should send an updated CV with recent photo, a Cover letter in English, and supporting documents to the HR Department. We will invite short-listed candidates for interviews. Recruitment will remain open until the position is filled.
Contact Name : Human Resources Department
Method of Contact : Email or post
Address : Ecopark township, Van Giang, Hung Yen
Email : email@example.comSubmit Your CV
- Contact Name: Human Resources Department
- Method of contact: Email or post
- Address: Ecopark township, Van Giang, Hung Yen
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org