BRITISH UNIVERSITY VIETNAM (BUV)
British University Vietnam (BUV) is the first and only international university in Vietnam to directly award British degrees from the prestigious University of London and Staffordshire University. BUV is rated a 5 Star university of excellence by the world recognised QS accreditor and is also recognised with a University-wide accreditation from the UK’s Quality Assurance Agency (QAA).
BUV has three main brand drivers:
- Offering accredited British and international higher education and training in Vietnam.
- Providing 5-star university campuses, learning spaces, and services.
- Including a compulsory personal and social growth program that prepares students for the future of life and work.
Established in 2009, BUV provides teaching for undergraduate and graduate programmes. Employability rates for students are exceptionally high with 100% of graduates from BUV either employed or continuing higher education within 3 months after graduation.
With a wide network of more than 300 enterprise partners in various fields, and 12-week internship programmes, BUV helps students gain professional knowledge and practical skills to meet employers’ requirements as well as be ready to develop their careers immediately after graduation.
Students study at BUV’s award winning campus in the Ecopark township near Hanoi. With its state-of-the-art teaching and learning facilities and an iconic design, BUV is recognised as one of the best educational environments in South East Asia.
For more details, please visit our website at https://www.buv.edu.vn/
The Well-being Counsellor is responsible for supporting the success of students academically, socially, behaviorally, and emotionally during their journey at the University, to help students navigate the tumultuous school years with confidence and success. This position will be engaged in the day to day students’ activities and their learning journey to explore their well-being needs and identify potential risks for prevention, intervention and proposing solutions, provide group and individual counselling, conduct educational and personality assessments, address behavioral problems during their time at university and design & execute workshops to enhance students’ well-being and personal development.
The position holder will play a key role in embedding the university’s missions and vision in their daily job and support developing certain type of graduates with ethics of kindness, compassion and respect, while maintaining a peaceful, safe and inclusive learning environment for the student body.
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
Major Duties and Responsibilities listed include, but are not limited to the following:
- Provide counselling, instruction, and mentoring for those struggling with social, emotional, and behavioral problems.
- Promote wellness, resilience and professionalism by reinforcing communication and social skills, problem solving, anger management, self-regulation, self-determination, and optimism through variety of workshops and talks.
- Support students to overcome personal problems and cope with stress in exams, study, personal relationships, genders, emotional intelligence, social integration,… etc.
- Plan, implement, execute and report a well-structured activities calendar to address a variety of well-being, emotional, mental health topics among the young adults and the student body
Work With Students and Their Families to:
- Identify and address psychological and behavioral problems that interfere with their personal and social growth and academic success.
- Evaluate eligibility for special education services (within a multidisciplinary team).
- Support students’ social, emotional, and behavioral health via multiple approaches and tools.
- Make referrals and help coordinate community support service.
Work with colleagues in the Student Counselling Office and Head of Student Engagement to:
- Conduct assessments and screenings, collect and analyse data related to investigate and predict potential issues, student outcomes, and accountability requirements.
- Implement school-wide prevention programmes that help maintain positive educational climates conducive to learning.
- Promote university policies and practices that ensure the safety of all students by preventing school violence, bullying, and harassment and promote a healthy, safe and inclusive environment
- Design, implement, and deliver comprehensive mental health enhancement, personal and social development programme via a number of workshops, talks, campaigns to promote and support students’ personal and social growth, psychological management, inclusiveness, and equality…etc.
- Involve with Student Recruitment in high-schools’ activities and deliver talks about personal development and well-being topics where needed.
- Ensure timely responses to a variety of enquiries from students and parents for information relating to well-being and personal and social development via telephone, correspondence and/or electronic mail.
- Ensure the highest quality of customer service is always provided to students and parents.
- Update and report to the Head of Student Engagement on all wellbeing services activities and developments, as well as student cases’ report on a weekly basis.
- Prepare semesterly and annual well-being activity plan and adhere to budget requirements for organizing and implementing all events within the department.
- Assist the Head of Department in preparing periodic reports and newsletter updates for Management and the University.
– Maintain confidentiality regarding all students’ and health-related issues.
– Be constantly observant of the needs and challenges of students and promptly engages an administrator or appropriate educational staff associates when the there is reason to suspect or reasonably believe that a student is at risk or in danger due to such issues as bullying, sexual harassment/misconduct, depression or suicide ideation, or academic failure.
– Assist in the supervision of students at school activities and events. Remains vigilant of students throughout the school day and extra-curricular activities, taking the initiative to positively engage students when they are acting inappropriately.
– Perform other duties as assigned by line manager and the university.
COMPETENCIES (knowledge, skills, and abilities)
- Vietnamese national with bilingual languages.
- Bachelor degree in education psychology from an accredited institution of psychology or equivalent qualifications.
- Track record of working with teenagers and young adults (from 18-24) with mental issues or special disadvantages.
- Good verbal and written English communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and cultural awareness
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Comfortable to work with diverse-backgrounds and different characteristics of students, youngsters etc.
- Knowledge of tests and measurements in EQ, psychological assessments etc.
- Planning and organizing events
- Customer-oriented with professional demeanor
- Creative thinking and innovation
- Competitive salary package (gross)
- Recognition and Reward Programs
- 13th month Tet bonus
- Performance bonuses
- Paid Time-off (annual leave, sick leave, holidays)
- Healthcare plan (Private premium accident, medical insurance, dental insurance, free assessment to medical suite)
- Business travel insurance
- Onsite fitness and sport center
- Education support for staff and children
- Transportation support
- Flexible working arrangement
- Opportunity to work within a professional and multi-cultural environment
- Various staff events through the year (outing, year-end party, sport activities and other events recommended by staff committee)
Interested candidates should send an updated CV with recent photo, a Cover letter in English, and supporting documents to the HR Department. We will invite short-listed candidates for interviews. Recruitment will remain open until the position is filled.
Contact Name : Human Resources Department
Method of Contact : Email or post
Address : Ecopark township, Van Giang, Hung Yen
Email : email@example.comSubmit Your CV
- Contact Name: Human Resources Department
- Method of contact: Email or post
- Address: Ecopark township, Van Giang, Hung Yen
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org