BRITISH UNIVERSITY VIETNAM (BUV)
British University Vietnam (BUV) is the first and only international university in Vietnam to directly award British degrees from the prestigious University of London and Staffordshire University. BUV is rated a 5 Star university of excellence by the world recognised QS accreditor, and is also recognised with a University-wide accreditation from the UK’s Quality Assurance Agency (QAA).
BUV has three main brand drivers:
- Offering accredited British and international higher education and training in Vietnam.
- Providing 5-star university campuses, learning spaces, and services.
- Including a compulsory personal and social growth program that prepares students for the future of life and work.
Established in 2009, BUV provides teaching for undergraduate and graduate programmes. Employability rates for students are exceptionally high with 100% of graduates from BUV either employed or continuing higher education within 3 months after graduation.
With a wide network of more than 300 enterprise partners in various fields, and 12-week internship programmes, BUV helps students gain professional knowledge and practical skills to meet employers’ requirements as well as be ready to develop their careers immediately after graduation.
Students study at BUV’s award winning campus in the Ecopark township near Hanoi. With its state-of-the-art teaching and learning facilities and an iconic design, BUV is recognised as one of the best educational environments in South East Asia.
The Digital Transformation Project Officer will play a leading role in achieving the goals of the internationally funded project ‘SOARing to successful digital transformation in Vietnamese universities’. This project will assist in the digitialisation of Vietnamese universities by building a Digital Transformation (DX) hub which will support the diffusion of innovation and good practices in leading and managing change in DX throughout universities in Vietnam.
The post-holder will be responsible for the project management and coordination of the project, carry out research and analysis tasks, support in the development of a range of resources and tools to support DX in Vietnam, and support in the success of impact and dissemination events.
This role will involve coordinating closely between our UK partner university (Bournemouth University) and our Vietnam partner universities (Tra Vinh University, and University of Economics HCMC) to support the overall aims of the project.
The successful candidate will have a passion for digital transformation and innovation in higher education, be a proactive self-starter, and thrive in a dynamic and challenging environment. They will work closely with the project team, partners, and stakeholders to ensure the successful implementation of the project and the achievement of its outcomes.
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Collaborate with the project team to undertake project related activities to include:
- Analysis and evaluation of practices related to DX.
- Review tools and recommendations for assessing digital readiness and maturity and develop a tool for self-assessing digital maturity of HEIs.
- Creation of research and project reports.
- Design training programmes to support DX in Vietnam.
- Various research and writing tasks as required.
- Provide project management and administrative support to the project team.
- Liaise with any student researcher(s) recruited for the project.
- Perform other related duties as required by the project team.
COMPETENCIES (knowledge, skills, and abilities)
- Holder of Bachelor’s degree in a related field.
- Proven experience in the support of the successful delivery of complex projects
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and critical thinking skills.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and cross-cultural skills.
- Strong organisational skills.
- Excellent IT skills including Microsoft Office applications.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and deadlines with limited supervision.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and Vietnamese
- Masters degree
- Educated overseas
- Knowledge and understanding of project management methodologies.
- Knowledge and understanding of digital technologies and pedagogies in higher education.
- Experience in developing and delivering training programs.
- Previous experience working in a Higher Education environment.
- Planning & organising
- Problem solving & decision making
- Teamwork & Collaboration
- Effective Communication
- Creative thinking & Innovation
- Relationship building & networking
- Transportation support.
- Business travel insurance.
- Flexible working arrangements.
- Various staff events through the year (outings, year-end party, sports activities, and other events).
- Onsite fitness and sports centre.
- Opportunity to work within a professional and multi-cultural environment.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates should prepare an up-to-date CV and application letter indicating for which position you are applying. Please then select SUBMIT YOUR CV button on our JOBS AT BUV webpage or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES AND DIGNITY AT WORK POLICY
All staff are expected to understand and enact the University’s commitment to ensuring equality and diversity in all activities. This commitment is enshrined in the BUV mission statement and our core values.
Every member of staff has a responsibility to ensure colleagues are treated with dignity and respect. The University is committed to creating a work environment for all staff that is free from harassment, intimidation, and any other forms of bullying at work, where everyone is treated with dignity, respect, and professional courtesy.Submit Your CV
- Contact Name: Human Resources Department
- Method of contact: Email or post
- Address: Ecopark township, Van Giang, Hung Yen
- Email: email@example.com