BRITISH UNIVERSITY VIETNAM (BUV)
British University Vietnam (BUV) is the first and only international university in Vietnam to directly award British degrees from the prestigious University of London and Staffordshire University. BUV is rated a 5 Star university of excellence by the world-recognised QS accreditor and is also recognised with a university-wide accreditation from the UK’s Quality Assurance Agency (QAA).
BUV has three main brand drivers:
- Offering accredited British and international higher education and training in Vietnam.
- Providing 5-star university campuses, learning spaces, and services.
- Including a compulsory personal and social growth program that prepares students for the future of life and work.
Established in 2009, BUV provides teaching for undergraduate and graduate programmes. Employability rates for students are exceptionally high with 100% of graduates from BUV either employed or continuing higher education within 3 months after graduation.
With a wide network of more than 300 enterprise partners in various fields and 12-week internship programmes, BUV helps students gain professional knowledge and practical skills to meet employers’ requirements as well as be ready to develop their careers immediately after graduation.
Students study at BUV’s award-winning campus in the Ecopark Township near Hanoi. With its state-of-the-art teaching and learning facilities and iconic design, BUV is recognised as one of the best educational environments in Southeast Asia.
To oversee all project operations from inception to execution, ensuring that projects are delivered smoothly, on time, and on budget with minimal interruptions in work. The position will help the senior ICT manager support business directives connected to certain initiatives and allocate resources in accordance with those goals.
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
1. General responsibilities:
- Conduct technical meetings with stakeholders in
- Develop project scopes and objectives, ensuring technical feasibility and involving all relevant stakeholders.
- Assemble and lead the project team (Scrum methods preferred) to make sure the most critical and urgent tasks are completed first. Engage the whole team in a common project
- Develop a detailed plan to monitor project progress, measure member
- Use appropriate techniques to manage changes in project scope, schedule, and costs, to minimize
- Holding regular technical team meetings to help address any questions or challenges regarding upcoming projects.
- Conduct research and evaluate hardware and software technology options for each
- Manage great relationships with the client and all stakeholders; establish and maintain good relationships with third parties/vendors.
- Create and maintain comprehensive project
2. Self development
- Self-train on new technologies
- Participate in and contribute to department ideation
- Encouraged to self-learn to develop and integrate software/utilities for internal
3. Undertake other assignments as delegated by the line manager and/or the
COMPETENCIES (knowledge, skills, and abilities)
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, computer science, information technology or related field, or equivalent work experience
- Minimum three years of management experience in the IT field, including development work and interactions with customers
- Excellent English skills
- Excellent project management skill
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Excellent time management, organizational skills including attention to detail and multi-tasking skills
- Solid technical background
- Ability to be able to predict challenges and obstacles
- Ability to diagnose and resolve technical issues
- Ability to manage conflict & crisis
- PMP / PRINCE II certification is a
- Willing to research new domains and learn new
- Teamwork & Collaboration
- Inter-department Relationships
- Planning & Organising
- Problem Solving and Decision-Making
- Customer & Service Orientation
- Flexible with a high energy level
- Result-driven individuals with positive attitudes
- Creative Thinking & Innovation
- Highly competitive salary package (plus benefits) for Vietnamese and expatriate candidates depending on qualifications/experience;
- 13th month Tet bonus (Vietnamese candidates);
- Annual cost of living adjustment;
- Annual salary increases and bonuses based on performance;
- Recognition & awards programmes;
- 20 days annual leave, plus Xmas closure, public holidays and 5 days paid sick leave;
- Healthcare plan (Private accident, medical, and dental insurance, including annual health checks);
- Education support for staff, spouse and children;
- Relocation allowance to cover visa/flights/initial days accommodation
- Support and assistance in work permit and visa application together with relocation to and settling into living and working in Vietnam;
- Transportation support;
- Business travel insurance;
- Flexible working arrangements;
- Various staff events throughout the year (outings, year-end party, sports activities and other events);
- Onsite fitness and sports centre;
- Opportunity to work within a professional and multicultural environment.
Interested candidates should prepare an up-to-date CV and application letter indicating for which position you are applying. Please then select SUBMIT YOUR CV button on our JOBS AT BUV webpage or email to email@example.com. We will invite short-listed candidates for interviews. Recruitment will remain open until the position is filled.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES AND DIGNITY AT WORK POLICY
All staff are expected to understand and enact the University’s commitment to ensuring equality and diversity in all activities. This commitment is enshrined in the BUV mission statement and our core values.
Every member of staff has a responsibility to ensure colleagues are treated with dignity and respect. The University is committed to creating a work environment for all staff that is free from harassment, intimidation and any other forms of bullying at work, where everyone is treated with dignity, respect and professional courtesy.Submit Your CV
- Contact Name: Human Resources Department
- Method of contact: Email or post
- Address: Ecopark township, Van Giang, Hung Yen
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org