BRITISH UNIVERSITY VIETNAM (BUV)
British University Vietnam (BUV) is the first and only international university in Vietnam to directly award British degrees from the prestigious University of London and Staffordshire University. BUV is rated a 5 Star university of excellence by the world-recognised QS accreditor and is also recognised with a university-wide accreditation from the UK’s Quality Assurance Agency (QAA).
BUV has three main brand drivers:
- Offering accredited British and international higher education and training in Vietnam.
- Providing 5-star university campuses, learning spaces, and services.
- Including a compulsory personal and social growth program that prepares students for the future of life and work.
Established in 2009, BUV provides teaching for undergraduate and graduate programmes. Employability rates for students are exceptionally high with 100% of graduates from BUV either employed or continuing higher education within 3 months after graduation.
With a wide network of more than 300 enterprise partners in various fields and 12-week internship programmes, BUV helps students gain professional knowledge and practical skills to meet employers’ requirements as well as be ready to develop their careers immediately after graduation.
Students study at BUV’s award-winning campus in the Ecopark Township near Hanoi. With its state-of-the-art teaching and learning facilities and iconic design, BUV is recognised as one of the best educational environments in Southeast Asia.
The HR Officer is responsible for providing essential support to the day-to-day activities of the Human Resources department. This role plays a pivotal part in maintaining a high level of professionalism and efficiency in various HR functions.
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Post job vacancies on relevant platforms and company channels.
- Collect, screen, and forward CVs of potential candidates to the appropriate hiring personnel.
- Create informative and welcoming introductions for new staff members, aiding in their smooth integration into the organization.
Learning and Development:
- Develop and execute the yearly training plan for employees.
- Maintain a comprehensive tracking list of training courses and ensure timely completion.
Staff Care and Staff Engagement
- Organize staff events to foster team building and employee engagement.
- Facilitate health check-up programs and wellness initiatives for staff.
- Promote a culture of well-being and provide support for staff members’ health-related needs.
HR Information Management:
- Organize and maintain personnel filing system;
- HR analytics and reporting
HR Administration work
- Update staff list, staff telephone extension on monthly basis
- Support to process service contracts of HRD and to make payments for HR expenses
- Assist employees with tax-related inquiries and guide them through registration processes (Tax Code and Dependence Registration).
- Keep the staff directory up-to-date, ensuring that contact information and other relevant details are accurate and accessible (Staff Directory Updates).
- Maintain effective communication channels within the HR department and between HR and other departments (HR Internal Communication)
- Participate in HR projects.
- Perform other duties as may be directed from time to time by HR Director and Line Manager.
COMPETENCIES (knowledge, skills, and abilities)
- Vietnamese national
- Bachelor’s degree in Human resources, Business Administration or an relevant discipline area
- Proven experience in Human Resources
- Proven work experience as an HR Administrator or relevant role
- Experience with HR software
- An understanding of relevant legislation, policies and procedures
- Proficient in English and Vietnameses verbal and written communication skills
- Proficiency with or the ability to quickly learn the organizations HRIS and talent management systems
- Effective Communication
- Planning & organising
- Problem solving & decision making
- Customer & service orientation
- Teamwork & Collaboration
- Results Orientation
- Exceptional attention to detail and the ability to maintain strict confidentiality.
- Creative thinking & innovation
- Relationship building & networking
- Highly competitive salary package (plus benefits) for Vietnamese and expatriate candidates depending on qualifications/experience;
- 13th month Tet bonus (Vietnamese candidates);
- Annual cost of living adjustment;
- Annual salary increases and bonuses based on performance;
- Recognition & awards programmes;
- 20 days annual leave, plus Xmas closure, public holidays and 5 days paid sick leave;
- Healthcare plan (Private accident, medical, and dental insurance, including annual health checks);
- Education support for staff, spouse and children;
- Relocation allowance to cover visa/flights/initial days accommodation
- Support and assistance in work permit and visa application together with relocation to and settling into living and working in Vietnam;
- Transportation support;
- Business travel insurance;
- Flexible working arrangements;
- Various staff events throughout the year (outings, year-end party, sports activities and other events);
- Onsite fitness and sports centre;
- Opportunity to work within a professional and multicultural environment.
Interested candidates should prepare an up-to-date CV and application letter indicating for which position you are applying. Please then select SUBMIT YOUR CV button on our JOBS AT BUV webpage or email to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will invite short-listed candidates for interviews. Recruitment will remain open until the position is filled.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES AND DIGNITY AT WORK POLICY
All staff are expected to understand and enact the University’s commitment to ensuring equality and diversity in all activities. This commitment is enshrined in the BUV mission statement and our core values.
Every member of staff has a responsibility to ensure colleagues are treated with dignity and respect. The University is committed to creating a work environment for all staff that is free from harassment, intimidation and any other forms of bullying at work, where everyone is treated with dignity, respect and professional courtesy.Submit Your CV
- Contact Name: Human Resources Department
- Method of contact: Email or post
- Address: Ecopark township, Van Giang, Hung Yen
- Email: email@example.com