British University Vietnam (BUV) is the first and only international university in Vietnam to directly award British degrees from the prestigious University of London and Staffordshire University. BUV is rated a 5 Star university of excellence by the world recognised QS accreditor.
BUV has three main brand drivers:
- Offering accredited British and international higher education and training in Vietnam;
- Providing 5-star university campuses, learning spaces, and services;
- Including a compulsory personal and social growth program that prepares students for the future of life and work.
Established in 2009, BUV provides teaching for undergraduate and graduate programmes. Employability rates for students are exceptionally high with 100% of graduates from BUV either employed or continuing higher education within 3 months after graduation.
With a wide network of more than 300 enterprise partners in various fields, and 12-week internship programmes, BUV helps students gain professional knowledge and practical skills to meet employers’ requirements as well as be ready to develop their careers immediately after graduation.
Students study at BUV’s world class campus in the Ecopark township. With its state-of-the-art teaching and learning facilities and an iconic design, BUV is recognised as one of the best educational environments in Asia.
For more details, please visit our website at https://www.buv.edu.vn/
PERSONAL AND SOCIAL GROWTH (PSG) PROGRAMME
Being one of the University’s key drivers, the Personal and Social Growth Programme (PSG) is developed and enhanced from the Personal Development Programme (PDP), which contributes to BUV’s missions of developing highly employable graduates who have ethics of kindness and caring, skills in cross disciplines and languages, be innovative, imaginative, and respectfully confident with a positive attitude towards continuous learning.
The PSG programme is compulsory for all BUV undergraduate students across all programmes and majors. It would cover a wide range of disciplines, skills and engagement initiatives in diverse areas, which helps to turn a student from a teenager to a young adult with the attributes required and desired by the market, locally and internationally, and their future social and professional networks.
The Extra-curricular Classes Officer supports a portfolio of extra-curricular classes for students under the Personal and Social Growth Programme (PSG). Their role will vary depending on the requirements of those classes and the PSG Programme. Their key responsibilities will include researching and evaluating needs, coordinating the planning, preparation, logistics, delivery, and evaluation of student extra-curricular classes and short courses related to foreign languages, soft skills and technical skills enhancement, professional qualifications and certifications, or any non-credit bearing courses outside of the formal academic curriculum that may add value to students’ employability, personal and social growth.
To ensure smooth operations and good quality of classes, the postholder needs to communicate and collaborate with a wide range of stakeholders, from students, parents, internal and external trainers to BUV staff from various faculties and departments, so they will be expected to have excellent communication and collaboration skills. They will provide exceptional customer service to students and relevant stakeholders by being the first point of contact for enquiries, advising on a wide range of class-related matters such as enrolment, course deposits, payments and refunds, monitoring records of teaching and learning materials. The Extra-curricular Classes Officer will report to the Personal and Social Growth Programme (PSG) Manager under BUV’s Student Engagement Department.
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Extra-curricular classes Management and planning
- Explore and identify students’ skill-training needs for extra-curricular classes and short courses through surveys, feedback, research on local and global market needs for professional qualifications, certifications, knowledge currency and skills’ trends, then devise new courses when required
- Work with the PSG Manager and trainers on developing the structure of training timetables, the course syllabus and training materials within set deadlines
- Ensure that the planning for course opening dates, preparation, and implementation of course delivery and course feedback and quality evaluation are well executed per the University’s expectations and standards
- Be in charge of recruiting BUV students to enroll in the courses every semester, manage and monitor student numbers to ensure class opening requirements are met
- Liaise with relevant departments within BUV for class requirements, such as timetabling, facilities requests, bus arrangement, technical support,
- Ensuring all information on classes and short courses is updated and communicated to students and trainers timely and accurately, via communications platforms (Learning Management System, Emails, Student portal, Facebook Page, )
- Monitor all class attendance and performance, implement mechanisms to maximise attendance and performance for students in all courses, and proactively resolve any problems that may arise during courses with an immediate report to line managers
- Administer the evaluation process and utilise students’ and trainers’ feedback to identify areas for improvements to course delivery after every semester
- Maintain an accurate and updated database system, attendance records, student study results, PSG points and transcripts related to student extra-curricular classes and short courses
- Update the report to the PSG Manager on all student extra-curricular classes and short courses periodically
- In consultation with the PSG Manager, the Head of Student Engagement, and the Procurement Division to propose, recruit and deploy qualified trainers for short courses and extra-curricular classes
- Work with the Procurement Division in the issuing and monitoring of trainer contracts
- Manage trainers’ delivery and training quality on the courses, ensure the timely and accurate distribution of
training timetables, and liaise with them to ensure students are fully supported during the courses
- Work closely with the PSG Manager and the Head of Student Engagement to set, manage, and constantly review budgets for extra-curricular classes and short courses
- Liaise with students, trainers, and BUV Finance Department to coordinate course deposit payments and refunds for students, payments for trainers and other relevant expenses
- Liaise and plan with the internal communications team in Student Engagement Department on developing informational and promotional materials (Both content and visuals) about student extra-curricular classes and short courses
- Prepare periodic reports and newsletter updates for the University and its stakeholders
- Support the PSG Manager and other team members in brainstorming, designing, implementing, and evaluating the Personal and Social Growth (PSG) Programme and its activities when required
- Work effectively with various teams under the Student Engagement Department (PSG, Careers, Student Life, Well-being, Alumni) to support university-wide projects when required, helping the Department and University achieve strategic
- Undertake any other activities that may reasonably arise
COMPETENCIES (knowledge, skills, and abilities)
Qualifications and knowledge
- Bachelor’s degree in Education Management, Human Resource Management (Training and Development), Business Management, or other related
- Having knowledge of the Higher Education Sector, especially international universities in Vietnam and other countries.
- A minimum of 2 years of experience working in a similar position – Experience in working with international students in a higher education setting with direct experience in Course/Class operations or Student Activities
- Experience in all stages of the training and development cycle – Identification of needs, design and delivery of training, and evaluation and assessment
Key skills and abilities
- Excellent project management, organisational, time management, and multitasking skills
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and collaboration skills, especially the ability to communicate effectively with diverse stakeholders from different backgrounds and cultures, experience in dealing with parents in education settings can be an advantage
- Excellent spoken and written English
- Active listening skills with the ability to listen to students’ needs and understand their requirements
- Ability to deliver with a high level of accuracy, with attention to detail
- Ability to analyse problems, identify potential solutions and solve problems efficiently
- Computer literacy in MS Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Ability to use technologies for learning and IT at a level commensurate with the job role
- Having international education background
- Experience in managing online learning systems and developing online training programmes
- Ability to create and run communication campaigns, write PR and Marketing content, and use design software (Photoshop and Illustrator)
- Communicating Effectively
- Planning & Organising
- Customer & Service Orientation
- Teamwork & Collaboration
- Results Orientation
- Relationship Building & Networking
- Managing & Developing people
- Problem Solving & Decision Making
- Creative Thinking & Innovation
- Competitive salary package (gross)
- Recognition and Reward Programs
- 13th month Tet bonus
- Performance bonuses
- Paid Time-off (annual leave, sick leave, holidays)
- Healthcare plan (Private premium accident, medical insurance, dental insurance, free assessment to medical suite)
- Business travel insurance
- Onsite fitness and sport center
- Education support for staff and children
- Transportation support
- Flexible working arrangement
- Opportunity to work within a professional and multi-cultural environment
- Various staff events through the year (outing, year-end party, sport activities and other events recommended by staff committee)
Interested candidates should send an updated CV with recent photo, a Cover letter in English, and supporting documents to the HR Department. We will invite short-listed candidates for interviews. Recruitment will remain open until the position is filled.
Contact Name : Human Resources Department
Method of Contact : Email or post
Address : Ecopark township, Van Giang, Hung Yen
Email : email@example.comSubmit Your CV
- Contact Name: Human Resources Department
- Method of contact: Email or post
- Address: Ecopark township, Van Giang, Hung Yen
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org