BRITISH UNIVERSITY VIETNAM (BUV)
British University Vietnam (BUV) is the first and only international university in Vietnam to directly award British degrees from the prestigious University of London and Staffordshire University. BUV is rated a 5 Star university of excellence by the world recognised QS accreditor and is also recognised with a University-wide accreditation from the UK’s Quality Assurance Agency (QAA).
BUV has three main brand drivers:
- Offering accredited British and international higher education and training in Vietnam.
- Providing 5-star university campuses, learning spaces, and services.
- Including a compulsory personal and social growth program that prepares students for the future of life and work.
Established in 2009, BUV provides teaching for undergraduate and graduate programmes. Employability rates for students are exceptionally high with 100% of graduates from BUV either employed or continuing higher education within 3 months after graduation.
With a wide network of more than 300 enterprise partners in various fields, and 12-week internship programmes, BUV helps students gain professional knowledge and practical skills to meet employers’ requirements as well as be ready to develop their careers immediately after graduation.
Students study at BUV’s award winning campus in the Ecopark township near Hanoi. With its state-of-the-art teaching and learning facilities and an iconic design, BUV is recognised as one of the best educational environments in South East Asia.
The partnership between BUV and its students is a life-long one, hence the connection exists well after graduation. The Alumni Engagement Officer will plays a pivotal role in fostering and maintaining strong connections with the university’s alumni community at BUV via a variety of activities, programmes, engagement scheme and communications channels.
The primary objective of the role is to keep alumni connected to each other as a strong and supportive community within themselves and with the university, facilitate and promote the professional development of alumni via initiatives of mentoring programme, employment and career consultancy, further studies support, and to keep the alumni community updated of BUV developments and needs to foster their active involvement, sense of belonging and support for their university. The duties will involve working on planning, communicating and implementation of events, different forms and formats of activities to meet the needs from different stakeholders involved, including maintaining solid connection and communication channels between the university and alumni community . The role is subject to change depending on the needs of the University.
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Develop and execute alumni engagement activities
- Create and implement comprehensive engagement activities plan to connect with alumni from diverse backgrounds and graduating cohorts
- Establish and nurture meaningful relationships with alumni through personalized outreach, phone calls, emails, and social media interactions.
- Act as the primary point of contact for alumni inquiries and concerns, providing timely and relevant responses.
- Consult and connect alumni in need with vacancies and employment opportunities from BUV partners and vice versa where necessary
- Plan, coordinate, and attend reunions, alumni gathering, networking events for the community to support their professional networks
- Develop, manage and expand alumni chapters and its relevant due diligent processes to promote different alumni communities that fit to purposes, needs and interests of different alumni group, to ultimately bring mutual benefits for the communities and the university
- Maintain solid and strong information feeds through newsletters, social media, events, web pages and other resources.
- Develop and implement benefit packages for BUV alumni
- Develop and execute programme to connect different generations of students, encourage and facilitate involvement of alumni in campus activities and student success initiatives. (via home-coming events, mentor-mentee programmes, senior support scheme, alumni stories sharing…etc)
- Ensure high quality customer services & timely responses to a variety of written and spoken requests from alumni
- Alumni engagement via social media and communications initiatives
- Leverage social media platforms (Facebook page, Facebook group, Linked In group…) and strategic communication efforts to maintain an ongoing relationship with alumni, keep them informed, connected and interested.
- Develop alumni success and testimonials records, highlight alumni achievements and contributions through regular spotlights or testimonial campaigns
- Plan and execute initiatives to recognize and appreciate alumni contributions and achievements, to showcase their successes and strengthen the sense of pride within the alumni community.
- Build and maintain the alumni webpage content with up-to-date events, news, and engaging and useful information resources
- Operations & Administration
- Maintain accurate alumni records and update the alumni database regularly to ensure the integrity of contact information and engagement history.
- Maintain and update the record and filing system of each alumni’s employment and career status and progressions, alumni success stories and case studies,…etc
- Regularly seek feedback from alumni through surveys to understand their preferences, expectations, and suggestions for improving engagement initiatives.
- Ensure quality customer services & timely responses to a variety of written requests from alumni and relevant stakeholders
- Monitor and evaluate the success of alumni engagement initiatives, gathering data on participation rates, event attendance, and volunteer contributions.
- Assist the department in preparing periodic reports and newsletter updates for Management and the University
COMPETENCIES (knowledge, skills, and abilities)
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferred in communications, marketing, public relations, or a related field
- Previous experience in alumni relations, community engagement, event planning, or related roles is preferred.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to build and maintain positive relationships with diverse stakeholders, including alumni, university staff, students, partners and suppliers.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficiency in using alumni databases, CRM systems, and various communication platforms.
- Detail-oriented, systematic, and well-organised.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills to manage multiple projects and deadlines effectively
- Excellent Computer literacy in MS Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Passionate in building networks, connect people and bring values to the alumni community and the university.
- Proactive and Ownership-taking
- Customer & Service Orientation
- Strong Problem Solving and Analytical Thinking skills
- Creative Thinking & Innovation
- Communicating Effectively
- Teamwork & Collaboration
- Planning & Organising
- Relationship Building & Networking
- Attention to detail
- Highly competitive salary package (plus benefits) for Vietnamese and expatriate candidates depending on qualifications/experience;
- 13th month Tet bonus (Vietnamese candidates);
- Annual cost of living adjustment;
- Annual salary increases and bonuses based on performance;
- Recognition & awards programmes;
- 20 days annual leave, plus Xmas closure, public holidays and 5 days paid sick leave;
- Healthcare plan (Private accident, medical, and dental insurance, including annual health checks);
- Education support for staff, spouse and children;
- Relocation allowance to cover visa/flights/initial days accommodation
- Support and assistance in work permit and visa application together with relocation to and settling into living and working in Vietnam;
- Transportation support;
- Business travel insurance;
- Flexible working arrangements;
- Various staff events throughout the year (outings, year-end party, sports activities and other events);
- Onsite fitness and sports centre;
- Opportunity to work within a professional and multicultural environment.
Interested candidates should prepare an up-to-date CV and application letter indicating for which position you are applying. Please then select SUBMIT YOUR CV button on our JOBS AT BUV webpage or email to email@example.com. We will invite short-listed candidates for interviews. Recruitment will remain open until the position is filled.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES AND DIGNITY AT WORK POLICY
All staff are expected to understand and enact the University’s commitment to ensuring equality and diversity in all activities. This commitment is enshrined in the BUV mission statement and our core values.
Every member of staff has a responsibility to ensure colleagues are treated with dignity and respect. The University is committed to creating a work environment for all staff that is free from harassment, intimidation and any other forms of bullying at work, where everyone is treated with dignity, respect and professional courtesy.Submit Your CV
- Contact Name: Human Resources Department
- Method of contact: Email or post
- Address: Ecopark township, Van Giang, Hung Yen
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org