British University Vietnam (BUV) is the first and only international University in Vietnam to award direct British degrees from the prestigious University of London and Staffordshire University. BUV’s mission has two main objectives:
• To provide high-quality British degrees and a world-class campus in Vietnam;
• To create a new generation of discoverers, explorers and creative thinkers who are educated, trained and prepared to thrive in future (4IR) fields of work and life, in an international environment.
Established in 2009, BUV provides teaching for undergraduate programmes and an MBA. Employability rates for students are exceptionally high with 100% of graduates from BUV either having a job or continuing higher education within 3 months following graduation.
With a wide network of more than 300 enterprise partners in various fields, and internship programmes from the first year, BUV helps students gain professional knowledge and practical skills to meet employers’ requirements as well as be ready to develop their careers immediately after graduation.
Students study at BUV’s world-class and state-of-the-art campus in the Ecopark township, with its state-of-the-art teaching and learning facilities and an iconic design, BUV is recognised as one of the best educational environments in Asia.
For more details, please visit our website at: www.buv.edu.vn.
The University Registrar leads the academic registry functions at BUV and is accountable to the CAO: this includes the management of the student contract with the University; the management of processes underpinning the student journey and the University’s academic offer, and the management of data on students and courses which contribute to the University’s capacity effectively to manage its activities.
The University Registrar will be expected to continually improve the effectiveness, efficiency and quality of the processes and services provided by the Registry, in line with the University’s strategy and the need to deliver an excellent student experience.
During the next stage of growth in student numbers, the Registrar will lead the academic student support and recovery processes and operation, ensuring that all students have the highest opportunity to succeed and progress.
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
1. Lead on portfolio aspects of the implementation and adaption of new student information system through testing and launch, and integration of the system into the portfolios operations.
2. Lead the team managing the University’s student administration, ensuring that processes and practices are efficient, are focused on the University’s need to deliver excellent support for students, and are operated effectively.
3. Ensure that Registry activities are well co-ordinated and planned, in line with the University’s annual cycle of business and the need to maintain flexibility, and in particular:
- Ensure that processes relating to enrolment and re-enrolment are efficient, effective and robust and support the University’s recruitment, admission and retention of students.
- Ensure that student assessment is well-managed; those processes are secure and fair; that assessment outcomes are correctly recorded, and that assessment boards are well-supported to enable them to function properly and fairly in maintaining academic standards.
- Ensure that teaching is well timetabled, with efficient use of resources and good and reliable information for students and teachers, within agreed constraints relating to the student experience, and that timetabling for other university events (induction and enrolment, assessments, and so on) is well supported.
- Ensure that individual student issues – mitigating circumstances, complaints and appeals, student disciplinary – are fairly and consistently managed, with decisions taken in a timely manner, properly recorded and well communicated to the student concerned.
- Be responsible for the accuracy, integrity, and quality of student record data, to enable regulatory data return, and to produce management information data to support strategic planning and operational delivery across the University.
4. Take Academic Leadership of the student recovery and academic support function and team, develop a holistic and compliant approach to supporting students with identified issues relating to their study, and work closely with the Student Wellbeing and Operations teams to support student progression and success.
5. Be responsible for assurance of accuracy, integrity and academic quality and standards – including external examining, programme approval, review and quality assessment – are appropriate and effective, supporting Schools in delivering excellent education and providing the necessary information to enable the Senior Executive and the Senate to fulfil their responsibilities relating to quality and standards.
6. Ensure that collaborative provision is well supported, with robust assurance of quality and standards; effective support for Schools in developing collaborative partnerships; and good support and advice to the Vice-Chancellor’s Office and the Senate in considering new and continuing collaborative partnerships.
7. In liaison with other student-facing operations, to provide senior level advice on procedures and individual cases relating to student rights and responsibilities (e.g. academic misconduct, mitigation, academic regulations, etc.)
8. Within the overall framework determined by the University, and consistent with the policies adopted by the University’s IT team, to lead student information-related IT projects, including student records, timetabling, system developments and enhancements; support other University projects as required.
9. Oversee the operation of academic governance and committees and maintain the appropriate operational, policy and support frameworks (for students, staff and other key stakeholders) on which the University’s operation and future development are built.
10. Ensure that the University’s contract with individual students in relation to academic matters is clear, fair and meets all necessary internal and external requirements (In collaboration with the Head of Academic and Student Operations. where applicable).
11. Work as necessary with colleagues in other areas to ensure that the University meets the Ministry of Education and Training requirements and accreditation bodies.
12. Work as necessary with colleagues in other areas to ensure that the University deals efficiently and effectively with student complaints through the implemented policies of BUV.
13. Work with senior stakeholders to ensure compliance with partners and government agencies.
14. Ensure that an effective programme of training is offered on an ongoing basis to all members of staff and specific stakeholders.
15. Oversee effective communications with all stakeholders.
COMPETENCIES (knowledge, skills, and abilities)
– Master’s degree in Business Administration, Education Management or associated area.
– Extensive experience in the area of organisational development from a multi-national organisation
– Excellent English verbal and written communication skills
– Strong supervisory and leadership skills
– Knowledge of educational laws and regulations
– Ability to develop and manage an annual budget
– Excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills
– Excellent organisational skills and attention to detail
– Extensive experience in the area of organisational development from an international education institution in Vietnam or overseas, as well as planning for and dealing with rapid growth.
– Strategic orientation & leadership
– Effective Communication
– Managing & develop people
– Planning & organising
– Problem-solving & decision making
– Creative thinking & innovation
– Customer & service orientation
– Relationship building & networking
• Competitive salary package (gross)
• Recognition and Reward Programs
• 13th month Tet bonus
• Performance bonuses
• Paid Time-off (annual leave, sick leave, holidays)
• Healthcare plan (Private premium accident, medical insurance, dental insurance, free assessment to medical suite)
• Business travel insurance
• Onsite fitness and sports center
• Education support for staff and children
• Transportation support
• Flexible working arrangement
• Opportunity to work within a professional and multi-cultural environment
• Various staff events throughout the year (outing, year-end party, sport activities and other events recommended by the staff committee)
Interested candidates should send an updated CV with recent photo, a Cover letter in English, and supporting documents to the HR Department. We will invite short-listed candidates for interviews. Recruitment will remain open until the position is filled.
Contact Name : Human Resources Department
Method of Contact : Email or post
Address : Ecopark township, Van Giang, Hung Yen
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contact Name: Human Resources Department
- Method of contact: Email or post
- Address: Ecopark township, Van Giang, Hung Yen
- Email: email@example.com