British University Vietnam (BUV) is the first and only international university in Vietnam to award direct degrees from the prestigious University of London and Staffordshire University. BUV’s mission has two foci which are to provide high-quality British degrees and a world-class campus in Vietnam, and to create a new generation of discoverers, explorers and creative thinkers who are educated, trained and prepared to thrive in future (4IR) fields of work and life.
Established in 2009, BUV provides teaching for 11 undergraduate programmes and an MBA. 100% of graduates from BUV have a job or continue higher education within 3 months after graduation. With a wide network of more than 300 enterprise partners in various fields and internship programmes from the first year, BUV helps students gain professional knowledge and practical skills to meet employers’ requirements as well as be ready to develop their careers right after graduation.
Students will study at BUV’s new campus in the Ecopark township, with facilities funded by an investment of US $36 million for the first phase accommodating up to 2,000 students. BUV’s new campus, with state-of-the-art teaching and learning facilities and an iconic design, is indicative of 4IR and is being recognized as one of the best educational environments in Asia. Upon completion of the three phases, the entire BUV campus at Ecopark will have a total investment of up US $80 million, meeting the training needs of 7,000 students. For more details, please visit our website at: buv.edu.vn.
We are inviting competent candidates to apply for the following position: Technical Assistant and Demonstrator – Digital Arts
- Work location: BUV Ecopark Campus, Vietnam
- Salary: Negotiable sessional rate depending on qualifications and experience
- Application deadline: Open until filled
The post holder of Digital Arts Technician is an important role working within School of Creative Industries. You will be responsible for the management and maintenance of the facilities and equipment in Digital Arts, Design and the Creative Industries. You will provide an excellent level of service to both staff and students.
The role and requirements:
- This role has been created to improve and facilitate the students technical experience in digital arts, graphic design and illustration – in a studio environment at BUV. The post holder will be responsible for equipment, materials, and their shared usage across the disciplines of Graphic Design and Illustration and the School of Creative Industries.
- Successful candidates will demonstrate a broad knowledge of digital processes and software digital arts. A good grounding in current trends, practice and debates in art and design, illustration, and graphic design is desirable. It would be considered helpful if candidates had additional professional experience in the creative industries in any capacity.
- The Digital Arts technician will be solely responsible for the oversight of specialist equipment to students. You will ensure that students have achieved a level of competency prior to their use of any equipment in the digital studio and computer media suites at BUV campus. Your responsibility extends to the technical instruction of students in the competent use of digital software with special attention being paid to health and safety and a professional studio workflow. You will be expected to oversee the effective operation of digital resources and work closely with the academic team and support staff to monitor budgets and develop the service provided by CCP department.
- You will be expected on occasion to provide technical assistance and advice to other departments of the University which may be faculty or administrative branches of the Institution.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- The supervision and support of digital arts and design undertaken by students and faculty as required, in studios, workshops, and demonstrations as are defined and/or delegated.
- Practical and technical support for individual and groups of students in their learning through digital practice.
- Demonstrate design, image production and digital processes, from introductory to advanced levels of competence, to a timetable of formal delivery, as well as informally, as needed or requested.
- Develop and sustain personal skills, supported by the Schools, to ensure currency with contemporary approaches and familiarity with new equipment and processes.
- Maintain an informed list of digital resources required for specialist workshops, demonstrations and teaching activities. Source, review and advise on costs.
- Ensure that all equipment within the area/s of responsibility are in place and functioning effectively and safely; maintaining inventories, preparing and implementing maintenance schedules; and advising the Schools on the need to update, replace or repair equipment as required.
- Ensure that sufficient materials for student use are held in stock or can be accessed within a reasonable timeframe.
- Ensure that Health and Safety processes are respected and observed
As a successful candidate, you should:
- Have previous experience of working as a technician within an area of Art and Design, Illustration, Graphic Design or Digital Arts preferably at degree level, above or in a commercial setting
- Hold a BA qualification, possibly gained overseas or thorough international study
- Have a specialist background and understanding of design, digital arts software and Adobe Creative Suite
- Contemporary methods of design and image production across the creative industries
- Knowledge and understanding of illustration or graphic design in contemporary cultural contexts
- Knowledge and understanding of editorial design, publishing and design for print
- Design for screen, web, mobile and coding (desirable)
- Fine art, curation and exhibition (desirable)
- Be able to converse and communicate in English, with IELTS at 6.5 or above
- Have experience of Health and Safety procedures and risk assessments
What you’ll bring – essential experience & skills:
- Demonstrable technical / specialist skills in Digital Arts and Design discipline
- Must have a proven ability to use a range of digital arts and design production and post-production software
- Demonstrate a broad, practical knowledge of preferably digital skills and techniques for illustration, graphic design or digital Arts
- Ability to prepare and deliver digital workshop activities and relevant material
- Ability to communicate well and to present information in a clear concise manner.
- Clear commitment and interest in digital arts and design and a desire to share knowledge and motivate students.
- Ability to work practically as part of a team to achieve goals within a specific time frame.
- Ability to use and demonstrate studio skills including motion capture, filming, audio, production, and post-production techniques
- Recognized and relevant experience.
- An awareness of relevant health and safety issues.
- Ability to demonstrate a commitment to Equality and Diversity.
Interested candidates are invited to email their CV indicating which discipline you are applying for, with covering letter and copies of all supporting documents to firstname.lastname@example.org.
||:Human Resources Department
|Method of Contact
||:Email or post
||:Ecopark township, Van Giang, Hung Yen