British University Vietnam (BUV) is the first and only international university in Vietnam to award direct degrees from the prestigious University of London and Staffordshire University. BUV’s mission has two foci which are to provide high-quality British degrees and a world-class campus in Vietnam, and to create a new generation of discoverers, explorers and creative thinkers who are educated, trained and prepared to thrive in future (4IR) fields of work and life.
Established in 2009, BUV provides teaching for 11 undergraduate programmes and an MBA. 100% of graduates from BUV have a job or continue higher education within 3 months after graduation. With a wide network of more than 300 enterprise partners in various fields and internship programmes from the first year, BUV helps students gain professional knowledge and practical skills to meet employers’ requirements as well as be ready to develop their careers right after graduation.
Students will study at BUV’s new campus in the Ecopark township, with facilities funded by an investment of US $36 million for the first phase accommodating up to 2,000 students. BUV’s new campus, with state-of-the-art teaching and learning facilities and an iconic design, is indicative of 4IR and is being recognized as one of the best educational environments in Asia. Upon completion of the three phases, the entire BUV campus at Ecopark will have a total investment of up US $80 million, meeting the training needs of 7,000 students. For more details, please visit our website at: buv.edu.vn.
We are inviting competent candidates to apply for the following position: Technical Assistant and Demonstrator – Photographic Arts
- Work location: BUV Ecopark Campus, Vietnam
- Salary: Negotiable sessional rate depending on qualifications and experience
- Application deadline: Open until filled
The post holder of Photography/CCP Technician is a central role within School of Creative Industries. You will be responsible for the management and maintenance of the photographic studio, equipment. You will provide an excellent level of service to both staff and students.
The role and requirements:
- This role has been created to improve and facilitate the students technical experience in photography and lens-based media both in the studio and on location. The role is not exclusive to photography and the post holder will also be responsible for equipment, materials, and their shared usage across the different disciplines in the School of Creative Industries.
- Successful candidates will be able to demonstrate a broad knowledge of lens-based media and have an understanding of analogue and digital platforms and contemporary post-production software. A good grounding in current trends, practice and debates in photography and art and design is desirable. It would be considered helpful if candidates had additional professional experience in the photographic industry in any capacity.
- The Photography Technician will be solely responsible for the maintenance and issuing of equipment to students. You will ensure that students have achieved a level of competency prior to their use of any equipment in the studio or on location. Your responsibility extends to the practical instruction of students in the operation of the photographic equipment with special attention being paid to health and safety and a professional studio workflow. You will be expected to order equipment when required and work closely in the academic team and with support staff in monitoring budgets and developing the service provided by the CCP department.
- You will be expected on occasion to provide technical assistance and advice to other departments of the University which may be faculty or administrative branches of the Institution.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- The supervision and support of creative photographic practices and filming undertaken by students and faculty as required, in studios, workshops, and demonstrations as are defined and/or delegated.
- Practical and technical support for individual and groups of students in their learning through creative practice.
- Demonstrate practical techniques and processes, from introductory to advanced levels of competence, to a timetable of formal delivery, as well as informally, as needed or requested.
- Develop and sustain personal skills, supported by the School, to ensure currency with contemporary techniques and familiarity with new equipment and processes.
- Maintain an informed list of materials required for workshops, demonstrations and teaching activities. Source, review and advise on costs.
- Ensure that all equipment within the area/s of responsibility are in place and functioning effectively and safely; maintaining inventories, preparing and implementing maintenance schedules; and advising the School on the need to update, replace or repair equipment as required.
- Ensure that sufficient materials for student use are held in stock or can be accessed within a reasonable timeframe.
- Ensure that Health and Safety processes are respected and observed
As a successful candidate, you should:
- Have previous experience of working as a technician within Art and Design preferably at degree level, above or in a commercial setting
- Hold a BA qualification, possibly gained overseas or thorough international study
- Have a specialist background and understanding of photographic or media production processes
- Contemporary methods of production across the photographic and moving image industries
- Photographic Publishing, Post-photography and Curation
- Design for Digital Communications (Motion/Interaction Design)
- Knowledge and understanding of theory and photography in contemporary cultural contexts
- Knowledge and understanding of web, mobile, networked, and social media for academic purposes
- Be able to converse and communicate in English, with IELTS at 6.5 or above
- Have experience of Health and Safety procedures and risk assessments
What you’ll bring – essential experience & skills:
- Demonstrable technical / specialist skills in a photographic or media related discipline
- Must have a proven ability to use a range of photographic production and post-production software
- Demonstrate a broad, practical knowledge of photographic, media processes and associated studio techniques
- Ability to prepare and deliver workshop activities and relevant material
- Ability to communicate well and to present information in a clear concise manner.
- Clear commitment and interest in specialist photographic media approaches and a desire to share both traditional and contemporary knowledge and motivate students.
- Ability to work practically as part of a team to achieve goals within a specific time frame.
- Ability to use and demonstrate studio skills including lighting, filming, and capture techniques
- Recognized and relevant studio experience.
- An awareness of relevant health and safety issues.
- Ability to demonstrate a commitment to Equality and Diversity.
Interested candidates are invited to email their CV indicating which discipline you are applying for, with covering letter and copies of all supporting documents to firstname.lastname@example.org.
||:Human Resources Department
|Method of Contact
||:Email or post
||:Ecopark township, Van Giang, Hung Yen