British University Vietnam (BUV) is the first and only international university in Vietnam to award direct degrees from the prestigious University of London and Staffordshire University. BUV’s mission has two foci which are to provide high-quality British degrees and a world-class campus in Vietnam, and to create a new generation of discoverers, explorers and creative thinkers who are educated, trained and prepared to thrive in future (4IR) fields of work and life.
Established in 2009, BUV provides teaching for 11 undergraduate programmes and an MBA. 100% of graduates from BUV have a job or continue higher education within 3 months after graduation. With a wide network of more than 300 enterprise partners in various fields and internship programmes from the first year, BUV helps students gain professional knowledge and practical skills to meet employers’ requirements as well as be ready to develop their careers right after graduation.
Students will study at BUV’s new campus in the Ecopark township, with facilities funded by an investment of US $36 million for the first phase accommodating up to 2,000 students. BUV’s new campus, with state-of-the-art teaching and learning facilities and an iconic design, is indicative of 4IR and is being recognized as one of the best educational environments in Asia. Upon completion of the three phases, the entire BUV campus at Ecopark will have a total investment of up US $80 million, meeting the training needs of 7,000 students. For more details, please visit our website at: buv.edu.vn.
We are inviting competent candidates to apply for the following position: Technical Assistant and Demonstrator – Games Art, Video and Animation
- Work location: BUV Ecopark Campus, Vietnam
- Salary: Negotiable sessional rate depending on qualifications and experience
- Application deadline: Open until filled
The post holder of Video and Moving Image Technician is an important role working across the School of Computing & Innovation and School of Creative Industries. You will be responsible for the management and maintenance of the facilities and equipment in motion capture, games art and video. You will provide an excellent level of service to both staff and students
The role and requirements:
- This role has been created to improve and facilitate the students technical experience in moving image production and motion capture – in a studio environment at BUV. The post holder will be responsible for equipment, materials, and their shared usage across the School alongside supporting students and staff across programmes areas creative industries, art and design and games development.
- Successful candidates will demonstrate a broad knowledge of moving image, video and media production processes and have an understanding of digital media production and post-production, editing and motion capture. A good grounding in current trends, practice and debates in media and games is desirable. It would be considered helpful if candidates had additional professional experience in the media, marketing or games industries in any capacity.
- The Video and Moving Image Technician will be solely responsible for the maintenance and issuing of specialist equipment to students. You will ensure that students have achieved a level of competency prior to their use of any equipment in the studio or BUV campus. Your responsibility extends to the practical instruction of students in the operation of the media equipment with special attention being paid to health and safety and a professional studio workflow. You will be expected to order equipment when required and work closely in the academic team and with support staff in monitoring budgets and developing the service provided by the CGDP and CCP departments.
- You will be expected on occasion to provide technical assistance and advice to other departments of the University which may be faculty or administrative branches of the Institution.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- The supervision and support of games and lens-based practice undertaken by students and faculty as required, in studios, workshops, and demonstrations as are defined and/or delegated.
- Practical and technical support for individual and groups of students in their learning through creative practice.
- Demonstrate media production techniques and processes, from introductory to advanced levels of competence, to a timetable of formal delivery, as well as informally, as needed or requested.
- Develop and sustain personal skills, supported by the Schools, to ensure currency with contemporary techniques and familiarity with new equipment and processes.
- Maintain an informed list of specialist equipment required for specialist workshops, demonstrations and teaching activities. Source, review and advise on costs.
- Ensure that all equipment within the area/s of responsibility are in place and functioning effectively and safely; maintaining inventories, preparing and implementing maintenance schedules; and advising the Schools on the need to update, replace or repair equipment as required.
- Ensure that sufficient materials for student use are held in stock or can be accessed within a reasonable timeframe.
- Ensure that Health and Safety processes are respected and observed
As a successful candidate, you should:
- Have previous experience of working as a technician within an area of Art and Design, Media or Games Design preferably at degree level, above or in a commercial setting
- Hold a BA qualification, possibly gained overseas or thorough international study
- Have a specialist background and understanding of video, moving image and motion capture processes
- Contemporary methods of production across the media and games industries
- Have a contemporary understanding and knowledge of the theory of digital moving image
- Have a professional/ commercial level of knowledge of Adobe Premiere, After Effects and other Adobe software used in moving image production (It would be desirable if you had experience using Rokoko hardware and the Reallusion software suite)
- Be able to converse and communicate in English, with IELTS at 6.5 or above
- Have experience of Health and Safety procedures and risk assessments
What you’ll bring – essential experience & skills:
- Demonstrable technical / specialist skills in Art and Design, video, Media or Games Design discipline
- A proven ability to use a range of media and games production and post-production software
- Ability to prepare and deliver specialist workshop activities and relevant material
- Ability to communicate well and to present information in a clear concise manner.
- Clear commitment and interest in video, moving image and motion capture production methods and a desire to share knowledge and motivate students.
- Ability to work practically as part of a team to achieve goals within a specific time frame.
- Ability to use and demonstrate studio skills including motion capture, filming, audio, production and post-production techniques
- Recognized and relevant experience.
- An awareness of relevant health and safety issues.
- Ability to demonstrate a commitment to Equality and Diversity.
Interested candidates are invited to email their CV indicating which discipline you are applying for, with covering letter and copies of all supporting documents to firstname.lastname@example.org.
||:Human Resources Department
|Method of Contact
||:Email or post
||:Ecopark township, Van Giang, Hung Yen