British University Vietnam (BUV) is the first and only international university in Vietnam to award direct degrees from the prestigious University of London and Staffordshire University. BUV’s mission has two foci which are to provide high-quality British degrees and a world-class campus in Vietnam, and to create a new generation of discoverers, explorers and creative thinkers who are educated, trained and prepared to thrive in future (4IR) fields of work and life.
Established in 2009, BUV provides teaching for 11 undergraduate programmes and an MBA. 100% of graduates from BUV have a job or continue higher education within 3 months after graduation. With a wide network of more than 300 enterprise partners in various fields and internship programmes from the first year, BUV helps students gain professional knowledge and practical skills to meet employers’ requirements as well as be ready to develop their career right after graduation.
Students will study at BUV’s new campus in the Ecopark township, with facilities funded by an investment of US $36 million for the first phase accommodating up to 2,000 students. BUV’s new campus, with state-of-the-art teaching and learning facilities and an iconic design, is indicative of 4IR and is being recognized as one of the best educational environments in Asia. Upon completion of the three phases, the entire BUV campus at Ecopark will have a total investment up US $80 million, meeting the training needs of 7,000 students.
Due to the expansion of the British University Vietnam, we are recruiting 2 candidates to fill the position of:
|| Student Experience Executive
||Head of Academic and Student Operations
||Fixed term contract
The SE Executive is in charge of career services and activities and events to ensure the smooth and efficient operations of the students’ experience relating to Career development and employability skills as well as the personal development of the students. He or she is also responsible to provide an excellent customer service to our students, alumni, and partners at British University Vietnam. The role is subject to change depending on the needs of the University.
1.Career & Employment Services
- Act as the point of contact for students when it comes to career consultation and counselling, determining students’ interests and abilities using a wide range of methods and assessments, interviews, and materials.
- Support students to prepare short- and long-term action plan to build career plans and reach career objectives.
- Conduct workshops on a variety of topics, including writing resumes and cover letters, successful job interviewing, employability skills and professional development, careers & industry talks as well as round table discussions.
- Plan and execute the career events such as workshops, job fairs, orientation sessions, company tours and field trips field trips to different organizations.
- Plan and organize short courses, training sessions that enhance students’ hard skills and soft skills, using university network resources or education and training partners.
- Maintain and improve the career placement database that is able to capture collaborations between the university and industry partners.
- Advertise and market the employment services within the University, support students to prepare CVs and cover letters, mock interviews… to ensure students have the industrial placement or internship or job opportunities.
- Collaborate with faculty and academic department to support students in out-of-class activities that professionally complement to their academic modules and curriculum.
- Maintain and update the record and filing system of each student’s personal development portfolio and career progressions, job postings, employer contacts, industry partners, etc.
- Ensure quality customer services & timely responses to a variety of written requests from students and parents for information relating to career services via telephone, correspondence and/or electronic mail.
2. Student activities
- Plan, manage and oversee various student activities, competitions, campaigns, in terms of venue and location booking, logistics, purchasing, budgeting, reviewing health and safety procedures, implementing and post-event reports. This includes BUV own and student-initiated events and projects.
- Coordinate and liaise with external organisations interested to provide services and organise various promotions or events for the students in the University or seek for sponsorship and support from BUV.
3. Extra – curricular programme
- Organise and oversee a number of extra-curricular classes and short courses to equip students with employable soft skills, technical skills and well-being enhancement.
- Plan and conduct talk and workshops, contact guest speakers if necessary and prepare logistics for workshops and events on topics related to personal and professional development for clubs and societies’ members.
- Initiate campaigns and provide support for community services and charity activities participated by BUV students.
- Maintain an accurate and updated database system and transcript related to student extra-curricular activities and student participation.
- Assist the department in preparing periodic reports and newsletter updates for Management and the University.
- Ensure accurate and timely update of database including internships and job opportunities, activities and events, workshops…
- Assist the Academic Support – Student Experience Department in other areas when the need arises.
- Undertake any other duties that may be assigned from time to time
- Vietnamese nationals
- Must be a graduate from a reputable university, preferably in Business, Education, Human Resources. Master degree holder is an advantage
- 2-3 years of relevant experience
- Experience working with international students in higher education setting with direct experience in training, mentoring and event organising.
- Experience in recruitment consultancy can be considered.
- Knowledge of labour market trends, and opportunities.
- Strong problem solving and analytical thinking skills.
- Excellent spoken and written English with the ability to correct English usage, grammar, spelling, punctuation, and vocabulary.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, time management, organisational and networking skills
- Flexibility and cultural awareness
- Computer literacy in MS office applications (Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook)
- Customer-oriented with professional demeanour
- Onsite fitness and sport center
- Transportation support
- Flexible working arrangement
- Opportunity to work within a professional and multi-cultural environment
- Various staff events through the year (outing, year-end party, sport activities and other events recommended by staff committee)
Interested candidates should send an updated CV together with a recent photo, Cover letter in English and supporting documents to HR Department. We will invite short-listed candidates for interviews.
||Human Resources Department
|Method of contact:
||Email or post
||Ecopark township, Van Giang, Hung Yen