British University Vietnam (BUV) is the first and only international university in Vietnam to award direct degrees from the prestigious University of London and Staffordshire University. BUV’s mission has two foci which are to provide high-quality British degrees and a world-class campus in Vietnam, and to create a new generation of discoverers, explorers and creative thinkers who are educated, trained and prepared to thrive in future (4IR) fields of work and life.
Established in 2009, BUV provides teaching for 11 undergraduate programmes and an MBA. 100% of graduates from BUV have a job or continue higher education within 3 months after graduation. With a wide network of more than 300 enterprise partners in various fields and internship programmes from the first year, BUV helps students gain professional knowledge and practical skills to meet employers’ requirements as well as be ready to develop their career right after graduation.
Students will study at BUV’s new campus in the Ecopark township, with facilities funded by an investment of US $36 million for the first phase accommodating up to 2,000 students. BUV’s new campus, with state-of-the-art teaching and learning facilities and an iconic design, is indicative of 4IR and is being recognized as one of the best educational environments in Asia. Upon completion of the three phases, the entire BUV campus at Ecopark will have a total investment up US $80 million, meeting the training needs of 7,000 students.
Due to the expansion of the British University Vietnam, we are recruiting:
Job title: Software Engineer
Report to: ICT Manager
- Responsible for the development and implementation of business systems underpinning company’s core operations;
- Manage the planning and implementation of software systems as Software Development Life Cycles (SDLC);
- Assist Line Manager to prepare the Request for Information (RFI), demonstration, design and sizing for the application systems;
- Work with Line Manager to prepare the Request for Proposal (RFP) for tendering, appointing IT contractor and negotiating the terms & scopes of contract;
- In-charge of implementing and maintaining the software systems included Learning Management System (LMS), Website, Library Management System, HR Software.
- Work closely with End-user in order to understand and capture user’s requirements.
- Analyse and develop project documents including System requirement specification, System design specification, User acceptant test, User’s manual and etc. by working with IT contractors.
- Maintain all functional requirements of business users during the Software Development Lifecycle.
- Verify and manage the system change requests of the project.
- Participate to the User Acceptant Test (UAT), Training, Pilot and Roll-out with End-users and Contractor.
- Cooperate and manage IT contractors to roll-out the software systems at the quality and on time.
- Play the main role in troubleshooting for performance, issues/problems originating from applications in development and production environment.
- Other tasks as assigned by Line Manager.
- University degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Computer Engineering or related field.
- English communication proficiency in reading, writing, listening and speaking.
- A minimum of one to two years of enterprise application, implementation experience, preferable in university and enterprise sector.
- Good knowledge of software development process, especially software requirement analysis.
- Have experience in implement systems for LMS system, Website, HRM are plus.
- Proven experience in typical BA skill set – requirements engineering, GAP analysis, business process analysis.
- Have at least one years’ experience in several programming languages especially in PHP, .NET, Java and ASP, …
- Knowledge and experience in install manage and troubleshoot a DB system such as SQL, Postgres DB and Oracle DB.
- Have already developed Web-Applications and Web-Services API.
- Good sense of company information security.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Computer literacy in MS office applications (Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook)
- Time Management
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Good in planning and especially in execution
- Proactive and self-motivated
- Result-driven individuals with positive can-do mind set
- “Can do” attitude
- Competitive gross salary package (gross)
- Recognition and Reward Programs
- 13th month Tet bonus
- Performance bonuses
- Paid Time-off (annual leave, sick leave, holidays)
- Healthcare plan (Private premium accident, medical insurance, dental insurance, fee assessment to medical suite)
- Business travel insurance
- Onsite fitness and sport center
- Education support for staff and children
- Transportation support
- Flexible working arrangement
- Opportunity to work within a professional and multi-cultural environment
- Various staff events through the year (outing, year-end party, sport activities and other events recommended by staff committee)
Interested candidates should send an updated CV together with a recent photo, Cover letter in English and supporting documents to HR Department. We will invite short-listed candidates for interviews.
||Human Resources Department
|Method of contact:
||Email or post
||Ecopark township, Van Giang, Hung Yen