Located in Vietnam’s Capital, Hanoi, British University Vietnam (BUV) is the first completely British-owned University in the country to offer quality UK degrees from the University of London (LSE) and Staffordshire University. BUV is predominantly a teaching institution that encourages research. Its President, Sir Graeme Davies, was formerly Vice-Chancellor of the University of London.
British University Vietnam is expanding, and in 2018 we moved into phase one of our state-of-the-art campus in Hanoi. This is part of a $70 million dollar investment in providing world class British Higher Education to Vietnamese and International Students. The programmes we teach are taught in English by International Faculty. Since our launch over 11 years ago we have graduated over 500 students, and with the expansion of our course offerings and campus we are growing our faculty in preparation for further expansion in programmes and student numbers.
For further information, please visit our website: www.buv.edu.vn
We are inviting competent candidates to apply for the following position:
Senior Lecturer/ Lecturer in Computer Games Design and Programming (CGDP)
- Prepare and deliver lectures/tutorials on the University of London and Staffordshire University degree programmes; set and mark assessments
- Be a personal tutor
- Participate in personal and professional development activities and contribute to the general learning community, as required by the University
- Provide support to other departments as required
- Undertake academic administrative tasks, as required
- Master’s degree in Games Design & Programming, Computer Science/Programming, a PhD is preferred
- 5 years university or post graduate teaching experience in programming or games-related disciplines having taught programmes where the medium of instruction is 100%
- Experience in C++. Preference will be given to candidates with experience in Unreal Engine and visual scripting (Kismet/Blueprints) and candidates with experience in AI.
- Excellent communication skills and an ability to enthuse, engage and encourage students, whether dealing with large or small groups
- Excellent organisational and administrative skills and a proven team player
- Experience of taking responsibility in a variety of roles, including academic and student support and pastoral guidance
- Clean police record
Please note that original Certificates and Degrees will be required on arrival in Vietnam (Degree and Teaching Certificates; CRB or other Police Checks) are required for Work Permit purposes.
- Work location: Ecopark Campus, Hanoi, Vietnam
- Salary: Negotiable depending on qualifications/experience, plus Allowances to cover visa/flights/accommodation/medical insurance.
Interested candidates are invited to email their CV indicating which discipline you are applying for, with covering letter and copies of all supporting documents to firstname.lastname@example.org
What we look for in BUV Faculty
- We are a private University that prides itself on delivering high value learning experiences as well as a vibrant student life. Our commitment is to produce graduates who are 100% work ready, aware of the global business and cultural environment and determined to succeed in whichever career path they choose to follow.
- We are academically rigorous.
- We encourage research and support our faculty in their research projects.
- We work collaboratively.
- We work diligently to provide the best educational experience we can.