- Responsible for the management and direction of the Information and Communications Technology (ICT) unit, and assume a firm-wide leadership role for the ICT function, including achievement of annual departmental performance targets, policy formulation, process development, operational management, strategic planning and budgeting.
- Provide the necessary vision and leadership for developing and implementing ICT initiatives that will enhance teaching and learning, improve services that support student learning, administrative processes, and communication, as well as improve cost effectiveness and business development in a constantly competitive market place.
- Develop strategies for technology integration and alignment with business goals, while working with heads of institutions in setting priorities for the deployment of information technology & new processes – which include identification, implementation and evaluation of systems and services that cross information services unit and organisational boundaries.
- Lead in planning an enterprise-wide architecture blueprint and implementing the necessary information systems, infrastructure, processes and technology standards to support the organisation’s current operations and future growth.
- Advise senior management on information systems requirements and oversee the procurement, implementation and maintenance of these systems.
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITIES
- Leading: Creating a vision of the future & selling it
- Providing input & leadership in technology as the technical member of top management.
- Defining the enterprise architecture blueprint, as well as establishing its enterprise-wide ICT standards & operating procedures.
- Governing: Establishing an optimum ICT governance framework & organisational structure
- Optimum balance in governance structure (assignment of decision rights) between global / centralised & localised needs.
- Designing & implementing the optimum organisational structure for ICT while ensuring that there is adequate staffing in terms of relevant skills & numbers to support the organisation business objectives & continued growth; and
- Ensuring that proper control mechanisms & accountability checks are in place.
- Investing: Shaping the ICT portfolio
- Participate in and contributing to the strategic planning & business decision-making process at senior management level.
- Maximise value of ICT investments by aligning ICT portfolio with business goals; and
- Facilitate the ICT Project prioritisation process.
- Managing: Fostering change
- Change management to ensure holistic approach to adopting technology (taking into account people & process aspects in addition to technology).
- Recognise & lead end-to-end solution growth opportunities across different institutions.
- Project Management experience.
- Mapping: Continuous improvement
- Ensure that all systems at all institutions within BUV are assessed periodically with the objective of identifying “best practice” for existing processes.
- Ensure that consultancy and advisory assistance is provided to internal customers pertaining to improvement with the purpose of rolling out new products or programmes, or improving operational efficiency & productivity.
MINIMUM ACADEMIC/PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATION
- Vietnamese national
- Holds an advanced degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related field
- At least 10 or more years of relevant work experience, including ICT industry and/or higher education industry experience.
COMPETENCIES (KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES)
- Recognised internally and externally as knowledge and skill leader in ICT.
- Assumes leadership role in developing/implementing enterprise-wide ICT strategy.
- Regularly seeks and contributes expertise / insight on ICT & process management to other members of the senior management team.
- Sets direction for area of knowledge and experience to strengthen use of information technology and process management to support achievement of business objectives.
- Possess background and in-depth understanding of ICT policies, procedures, practices and technology.
- Ability to foster high morale amongst staff and peers while creating and leading customer-focused teams.
- Committed to helping to embody BUV ’s core values and actively participating in efforts to entrench these values amongst staff.
- Able to provide guidance, direction and peer review to all levels of staff in ICT.
- Encourage teaming and networking across departments and institutions within BUV.
- Able to challenge prevailing thoughts and propose new solutions in line with organisational needs.
- Receptive to new information and points of view expressed by others, and encourages upward feedback.
- Fosters teamwork & an environment of continuous improvement.
- Sets high standards for personal conduct and work.
- Leads by example and serves as role model for on-going self-development.
- Responsible for the development, training and coaching of staff.
- Ability to hire A Players
- Ability to develop people
- Flexible with high energy
- Strategic thinking/visioning
- High standards
- Can do mind set