British University Vietnam (BUV) is the first and only international university in Vietnam to award direct degrees from the prestigious University of London and Staffordshire University. BUV’s mission has two foci which are to provide high-quality British degrees and a world-class campus in Vietnam, and to create a new generation of discoverers, explorers and creative thinkers who are educated, trained and prepared to thrive in future (4IR) fields of work and life.
Established in 2009, BUV provides teaching for 11 undergraduate programmes and an MBA. 100% of graduates from BUV have a job or continue higher education within 3 months after graduation. With a wide network of more than 300 enterprise partners in various fields and internship programmes from the first year, BUV helps students gain professional knowledge and practical skills to meet employers’ requirements as well as be ready to develop their careers right after graduation.
Students will study at BUV’s new campus in the Ecopark township, with facilities funded by an investment of US $36 million for the first phase accommodating up to 2,000 students. BUV’s new campus, with state-of-the-art teaching and learning facilities and an iconic design, is indicative of 4IR and is being recognized as one of the best educational environments in Asia. Upon completion of the three phases, the entire BUV campus at Ecopark will have a total investment of US $80 million, meeting the training needs of 7,000 students. For more details, please visit our website at: buv.edu.vn.
Due to the expansion of the British University Vietnam, we are recruiting the following role(s):
||: Senior Executive, Career Support and Industrial Relations
: Team Lead, Career Services and Alumni Relations
Head of Academic and Student Operations
||: Fixed term contract
||: Ecopark Township, Van Giang, Hung Yen
The position is responsible for providing support to students regarding internship and job placements, identifying, developing, and maintaining relationships with employers and industrial stakeholders.
He or she is to obtain employment and experiential opportunities in business and industry for students and alumni in all curricula. Counsel, prepare and enhance the hiring potential of students, new graduates, and alumni into the job market. The role is subject to change depending on the needs of the University.
1.Industrial Relations and Employers’ presence on campus
- Identify chances to increase the visibility of Career services to the industry partners and employers, and seek potential partnership opportunities among employers and follow-up with their requests for employer branding, employment-related services to build up industrial networks
- Expand the network within the business community, human resources community in different areas and maintain relationships within the networks
- Market career services and employment programmes to business and industry, as well as non-profits and internal constituencies, by developing networks, targeting mailings and e-mailings, attending promotional events, presenting information and workshops at various business functions, and through involvement in business associations such as the Chamber of Commerce
- Contact business and industry to develop reciprocally beneficial partnerships for jobs, internships and job shadowing opportunities
- Develop an active on-campus business and industry presence. Schedule and advertise campus recruitment for employers.
- Act as the primary contact with employers to organise student career and employment activities, including career information and recruitment events, workshops & seminars, company visits and field trips, sharing talks from guest speakers and business partners…
- Facilitate and moderate, take an MC role in guest speaker’s sessions and seminars that have partners’ presence to ensure the event flow is well managed and deliver the expected outcomes
- Take ownership and initiatives in all activities related to industrial partners’ relations and ensure the highest satisfaction to BUV’s partners
2. Career and Employment Services
- Assist the operations of Career Services including internship programmes, job placements for our students and alumni
- Help students identify employment options that match their career interests and objectives.
- Assist students in all aspects of the job search, including resume writing, interviewing techniques and job referrals.
- Maintain and improve the career placement database that can capture collaborations between the university and industry partners
- Advertise and market the employment services within the University, announce internship and job openings to students, support students to prepare CVs and cover letters, interview skills… to maximise successful placements
- Understand the expectation of students and employers to ensure all stakeholders are satisfied and all needs are met.
- Maintain and update the record of keeping and filing system of job postings, employer contacts, industry partners, alumni database and status, students, etc
- Ensure quality customer services & timely responses to a variety of written requests from corporate partners, students and parents for information relating to career services via telephone, correspondence and/or electronic mail
- Assist line manager and Head of Department in preparing periodic reports and newsletter updates for Management and the University
- Ensure accurate and timely update of information including internships and job opportunities, recruitment events, employers’ workshops…via Emails, websites, Facebook and Notice Boards.
- Assist the Academic/Student Experience Department in other areas and undertake any other duties that may be assigned from time to time
- Must be a graduate from a reputable university, preferably in Business, Education, Human Resources. An international education is an advantage
- Well informed of labour market trends, employer needs and best practices in career services.
- At least 3 years of work experience is required, as well as previous work experience of building employer relations in a higher education setting
- Job search and job placement experience
- Candidates who have experience in recruitment consultancy firms and business development, partnership development will have advantages
- Excellent spoken and written English
- Strong networking and relationship management skills
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and presentation skills
- Flexibility and cultural awareness
- Computer literacy in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Customer-oriented with a professional demeanour
- Competitive gross salary package (gross)
- Recognition and Reward Programs
- 13th month Tet bonus
- Performance bonuses
- Paid Time-off (annual leave, sick leave, holidays)
- Healthcare plan (Private premium accident, medical insurance, dental insurance, free assessment to medical suite)
- Business travel insurance
- Onsite fitness and sport center
- Education support for staff and children
- Transportation support
- Flexible working arrangement
- Opportunity to work within a professional and multi-cultural environment
- Various staff events through the year (outing, year-end party, sport activities and other events recommended by staff committee)
Interested candidates should send an updated CV with recent photo, a Cover letter in English, and supporting documents to the HR Department. We will invite short-listed candidates for interviews.
||:Human Resources Department
|Method of Contact
||:Email or post
||:Ecopark township, Van Giang, Hung Yen