British University Vietnam (BUV) is the first and only international university in Vietnam to award direct degrees from the prestigious University of London and Staffordshire University. BUV’s mission has two foci which are to provide high-quality British degrees and a world-class campus in Vietnam, and to create a new generation of discoverers, explorers and creative thinkers who are educated, trained and prepared to thrive in future (4IR) fields of work and life.
Established in 2009, BUV provides teaching for 11 undergraduate programmes and an MBA. 100% of graduates from BUV have a job or continue higher education within 3 months after graduation. With a wide network of more than 300 enterprise partners in various fields and internship programmes from the first year, BUV helps students gain professional knowledge and practical skills to meet employers’ requirements as well as be ready to develop their career right after graduation.
Students will study at BUV’s new campus in the Ecopark township, with facilities funded by an investment of US $36 million for the first phase accommodating up to 2,000 students. BUV’s new campus, with state-of-the-art teaching and learning facilities and an iconic design, is indicative of 4IR and is being recognized as one of the best educational environments in Asia. Upon completion of the three phases, the entire BUV campus at Ecopark will have a total investment up US $80 million, meeting the training needs of 7,000 students.
Due to the expansion of the British University Vietnam, we are recruiting 4 candidates to fill the position of:
|| Academic Operations Officer
||Course Office Manager/ Associate Manager, Admissions
|| Fixed term contract
- To provide excellent assistance to Chief Academic Officer (CAO), Deputy Dean (DD), Head of Academic and Student Operations, Head of Registry, Course Office Manager (COM), Associate Manager, Admissions, partner institutions, faculty, and students
- To contribute to the course operation and admissions process.
- To contribute to the academic compliance and student records success and procedures
- Manage classes including classroom issues.
- Prepare materials handout to teachers.
- Update programme structures and module descriptors
- Liaison with part-time lecturers
- Arrange visits visiting lecturers.
- To support course feedback
- To support maintain and records of course handbooks and student handbooks.
- Contribute to team events like parent meetings and graduations.
- Work with Academic Management on reports as requested by Vietnamese authorities and partner institutions.
- Other tasks assigned by Academic Management.
2. Admissions Support
- Process and classify applications based on entry requirements of UK universities.
+ Screen all applications carefully, confirm suitability of applications within deadlines.
+ Monitor students’ data and application’s process on the system
+ Audit students’ profiles
- Enrol students to the programme and manage students’ information on the system.
- Organise the Academic scholarship programme properly (one per year): criteria selections, application, selections process, etc.
- Work together with team to organise BUV events: Orientation Day, Scholarship Award Ceremony, Graduation Day, other events for students.
- Works closely with academic units in the process of reviewing and implementing University policies. Notify any identification of risk and where appropriate, draft recommendations to ensure risks are mitigated and the university is following local laws as well as agreement/contract with partners.
- Draft materials, support and deliver training and other forms of capacity building to ensure that students, members of the faculty and academic department understand their compliance responsibilities and the policies, procedures that are relevant to their work.
- Draft standard templates, letters, forms and other correspondences with students, parents, and external contacts for academic service units to ensure the consistency and professionalism of the university regulations.
- Prepare exam schedule, exam papers, answer booklets, room booking.
- Prepare logistics for exam days and follow the assessment policies.
- Keep track accurately on all steps of assessment/exam process of BUV, SU and UOL’s programmes from the beginning of the semester till the exam result released.
- Prepare all paper works for exam board following process.
- Keep up to date with developments in University Student Record systems, and assimilate, quickly and effectively, information about relevant new software releases in order to facilitate their use in University.
- Organise procedures for the handling and filing of incoming source data documents.
- Maintain and develop data verification procedures and ensure that rigorous checking processes are in place for learner records.
- Process requests for transcripts, student grade records, and other information in accordance with privacy laws and university policies
- Vietnamese national
- Holder of bachelor’s degree preferably in Business or Foreigner Languages
- At least one year experience in the same position in a university or similar institutions environment is an advantage.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, both in English and Vietnamese
- Excellent computer skills – MS office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Database)
- Careful, eyes for details
- Hard working
- Good team player
- Onsite fitness and sport centre
- Transportation support
- Flexible working arrangement
- Opportunity to work within a professional and multi-cultural environment
- Various staff events through the year (outing, year-end party, sport activities and other events recommended by staff committee)
Interested candidates should send an updated CV together with a recent photo, Cover letter in English and supporting documents to HR Department. We will invite short-listed candidates for interviews.
||Human Resources Department
|Method of contact:
||Email or post
||Ecopark township, Van Giang, Hung Yen